You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, October 29th 2003, 9:21pm

AOD - CD In Drive?

Should the game's CD be in the drive while the game is running?

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: SotTR, Detroit, RDR2

Wednesday, October 29th 2003, 9:24pm

If you have chosen the full installation this is not necessary.

Sunday, April 3rd 2005, 9:47am

insert cd 1 !!!!!!!!!!!

:ouch: after I start new game , the game freezes and "insert disk 1" message keeps flickering on my screen, I've done everything I could to solve this, including full install, running cd executable... and in other forums I read about tons of people with this problem, you got any idea about this ?? I'd be grateful if you'd help me in this.

Sunday, April 3rd 2005, 9:51am

that is in Angel of Darkness of course. I forgot to say.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Sunday, April 3rd 2005, 10:20am

Which installation did you choose?

When I pick full installation I don't need a disc at all.

So did you insert the CD? What happened then? No reaction?

Sunday, April 3rd 2005, 3:16pm

i tried all installation alternatives and ran the game with and without the cd. and it does not seem to be a hardware problem on my pc because many other people with other configurations suffer the same problem :( and thank you for your interest

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Sunday, April 3rd 2005, 4:39pm

Strange, I have never heard of that problem before, and we did install the game on at least 6 different systems and I got a lot of emails from players all over the world.

Do you have a new version of the game? There seems to be a budget version which is patched, maybe this is causing the problems. If you don't have that one, did you install the patches? This might help.

Sunday, April 3rd 2005, 6:05pm

i'll try that thank you. by the way, if you visit the forum on http://forums.eidosgames.com/archive/index.php/f-107.html you'll see many people having this problem. you might have an idea if you read them.