You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

oldraider

New Raider

• "oldraider" started this thread

TR Platforms: Mac

Tuesday, March 3rd 2009, 3:54am

Dark Screen

Hope this is the right place. Got the TR Trilogy set from my grandson and enjoying it but, always a but eh, the screen is so dark I can hardly make out anything more than just a little bit around Her. I have tried changing the brightness of the picture up and down with no help. I am using a iMac G5 and have not had this problem with other programs or games and wonder if anyone might have a helpful suggestion.

Herzblut

Adventurer

TR Platforms: Playstation

Tuesday, March 3rd 2009, 9:15am

Oh, I have the same problem with Darkness. :flare Unlike you, I am playing the games on TV, but its the same: If I don't change the TV-Display-settings before playing, I would see nothing. I'm having this problem since I get the new TV. With the old one it has been always bright and clear, so I know its not the games fault. Some displays (may be weather its TV or PC-Displays) might have bad base settings for gameplaying and the only thing you can do is to change the settings in brightness and contrast. I dunno... its very annoying but an imperative for playing...

PS: I need to change it everytime, because my TV automaticly goes back to the basic settings when I had switch it off...:shout

All mistakes in grammar, tense or word order are personal property of Herzblut. Its not allowed to use them without permission. Thank you. ;)

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Tuesday, March 3rd 2009, 12:06pm

I have moved the thread here, as I have a strong feeling that when you say triology you're not taling about Legend, Anniversary and Underworld, right? (I am not aware that there even is a Mac version of Underworld yet.) I assume that you might be talking about the TRII-IV Bundle...

Anyway the solution you are looking for cannot be found within the game. I am not familiar with Macs so I cannot help you in detail. On my PC I have two more places where I can adjust brightness, contrast, ... and that is a) in the general graphics card settings (my graphics drivers allowed me to create a preset for Tomb Raider to which I could switch when playing and switch back afterwards, another of the cards I had over time even had a TR-preset) or b) in the settings of your display.

Genereally a) will be more effective, and if there is a possibility to create custom settings easier to switch.