You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

beerfridgeraider

Starting Raider

• "beerfridgeraider" is male
  • "beerfridgeraider" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: TRU

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 4:45pm

Coastal Thailand - Puppet No Longer

After such a good puzzle with the bridge, we're faced with an old-style rump of a puzzle fighting the control system. Yes, it's that nasty swing on the rope and somehow jump off at exactly the right moment that was the bane of the previous game and generally sucks in entertainment terms. What you have to do afterwards is also confusing and irritating.

i thought i'd post something on this. i'm talking about here:

Spoiler Spoiler

You have to run and jump off the first ledge, use the rope and climb the robe (E on the pc) as quick as you can before you hit the water, then swing across and jump at exactly the right moment on the other side to get to the second ledge. You can also summersault off, I did this by accident a couple of times. I think the rope length is important. I found it easiest by having the rope as long as possible without actually being in the water.

After this there’s then the problem of what next. Obviously you can get to the pole which descends, but where to next. This is the irritating, bit because there is no game clue that you have, in fact, opened a portal below the water. I tried for ages to jump from the pole quickly before it dropped hoping to get to the ledge above. Also when you fall in the water, you have to do the first wall jump again and, no, you can’t save the game either on the second ledge, it puts you back on the first again on reload!

here's a vid:

/BFR

Panda

Gold Raider

• "Panda" is female

TR Platforms: PS2, PS3

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Underworld

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 4:49pm

Speaking of that bridge puzzle i'm stuck on there. I know how to climb down to the area from which you can move the bridge, but what do i do once i have moved it? I'm stuck. It only seems to move a little bit. Any help would be nice :)

beerfridgeraider

Starting Raider

• "beerfridgeraider" is male
  • "beerfridgeraider" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: TRU

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 7:48pm

how to move the bridge more

Hi,
I quite liked the bridge puzzle because you know what you have to do, and it’s figuring out how. Not just some dumb jumping trick.

Spoiler Spoiler

Ok. Climb down at the back of the bridge and move it as far as you can. then climb up. Looking back towards where you came in, you will see a ring on the left side of the bridge (there is also one on the right). You’ll notice that, although the top of the bridge does not yet contact with the upper level on the left, the bottom of the bridge is near to a lower level.

Climb down the left side of the bridge using the rope on the left ring. At the bottom you can pull the bridge using the magic glove power. Pull the bridge all the way until the last recess in the rock, that allows you to go behind the bridge and push it finally the rest of the way. You do this because you need to be on the other side of the bridge. From here you can use the other ring to leap to the base outcrop and finally make it to the back base of the bridge again and climb up.

Good luck
/BFR

Panda

Gold Raider

• "Panda" is female

TR Platforms: PS2, PS3

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Underworld

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 1:58pm

Oh thanks! I cannot believe i just missed that one :| i'm so silly!
Thanks so much for the help :D