You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ladyoutlaw

Archaeologist

• "ladyoutlaw" is female

TR Platforms: Wii

Currently Playing: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Tuesday, June 13th 2006, 4:57pm

RE: Time Trials - Help

go to load level. load a level, u choose the time trial in difficulty. Enjoy! :D
Let's get ourselves lost:it's more interesting that way

:sun: XxLoveable Outrageous LegendaryxX :D

Excalibur

New Raider

• "Excalibur" is male

TR Platforms: PS2

Wednesday, June 14th 2006, 2:30am

Ok, thank you so much :)

MaskedRaider

Archaeologist

• "MaskedRaider" is male

TR Platforms: PC

Friday, June 16th 2006, 4:30pm

More on Bolivia

Also in Bolivia, there are points where you need to drop down, and Lara tends to catch the ledge first. This wastes quite a bit of time in the long run as you have to pull up again. Whenever you wish to run over a ledge without catching it, hold f as you are going over. She doesn't catch it and you are free to run on.

This helps quite alot in the area with the gold secret and the three crates.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Friday, June 16th 2006, 4:43pm

There is no F on the consoles plus, a lot of people rearranged their button configuration. If referring to a certain move, please use the move name, not the button.

This button mentioned is the duck/roll button, or :circle: on PS2/PSP, sorry, don't know what it's on XBox.

MaskedRaider

Archaeologist

• "MaskedRaider" is male

Friday, June 16th 2006, 5:05pm

Righty ho tombraidergirl! I didn't think... sorry!

Also, new one also for Bolivia, run straight through the guards outside the temple, don't bother picking up the rifle. The time you save should compensate and more for that which was lost at the end due to the slower weapon.

Pro Grape

Spam King

• "Pro Grape" is male

TR Platforms: PC, Mac

Saturday, June 17th 2006, 3:12am

I think it takes considerably less time using the rifle at the end of peru.

A tip I found for Ghana: When you get to the large room with the first tiger of this level, after you get off the first two stone blocks that move up and down on ropes and require good timing to pass, you end up on a platform and there is a brief cutscene. after the cutscene go to your right, to the edge of the platform. there is an indentation that is almost a right angle. Walk to the edge of this indentation, going to the the side of it farthest from where you first climb onto the platform. safetey drop off the edge there. the wall below slows your fall to the ground, and you end up on the floor where the raft awaits. this is shorter than climbing down the wall at the farthest end of the platform.

not that you need much time for Ghana. but for those that do.

Kurtis99

Explorer

• "Kurtis99" is male

Currently Playing: Tibia

Saturday, June 17th 2006, 8:34pm

I usually just swandive into the water.
Smart people learn from their mistakes.
Smarter people learn from others' mistakes.

My site

MaskedRaider

Archaeologist

• "MaskedRaider" is male

Saturday, June 17th 2006, 9:39pm

tope-swing tatics

A new thingy for rope jumping, never be sared of the off-screen grapple. The tendeny is to try and jump on the spot and atch it, but she often misses or the target doesn't show. If you just leap out over the ledge (in teh very first part of the temple, and over the gorge near the beginning are two examples in Bolivia) she will always grab the ledge pretty muh no matter when you press space. Always try to allign before the swing, then your jumping momentum will carry you forward in only one swing: It saves a lot of time turning on the rope then building momentum up again. :D

This should help alot in those tricky and annoying 'i-was-only-one-hekpoint-from-the-end' situations!
[hehe]

jane

New Raider

• "jane" is female

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 10:56pm

times trials are confusing no?!?!?!

I'm a little confused.
1) If you collect all the secrets when playing the game normally, does that mean that when you get to the time trials you don't collect any secrets?

2) And also earleir on this board, someone mentioned if you complete the bolivia redux time trail you get the one shot kill cheat. Does this apply to the other time trial levels?
3) and do u have to play them in order

AnimaSola

Archaeologist

• "AnimaSola" is female

Currently Playing: Anniversary

Friday, June 23rd 2006, 7:46am

1) Yeah, when you picked them up once, they are gone and you don't have to collect them again.
2) When you did the Bolivia Reudx time trial, you got the cheat for sure. If there are any more time trials after that, you can use the cheat - I think ^^;
3) No, you can play them randomly.

MaskedRaider

Archaeologist

• "MaskedRaider" is male

Friday, June 23rd 2006, 8:00am

Is there any way to complete the Bolivia Redux and NOT get the cheat?

This may seem odd, but i think it would spoil the fun a bit, thinking about it!

help? :flare:

AnimaSola

Archaeologist

• "AnimaSola" is female

Currently Playing: Anniversary

Friday, June 23rd 2006, 8:56am

You'll get the cheat when you compete the Bolivia Redux time trial - but you don't have to use it, so the fun stays the same ^^ You don't have to use any of the cheats you get, so there's no problem ;)

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Friday, June 23rd 2006, 11:21am

RE: times trials are confusing no?!?!?!

Quoted

Original von jane
I'm a little confused.
1) If you collect all the secrets when playing the game normally, does that mean that when you get to the time trials you don't collect any secrets?

There are no secrets in the time trial, even if you have collected not all of them, they are not there, you have to normally replay a level to pick up the rest.

MaskedRaider

Archaeologist

• "MaskedRaider" is male

Saturday, June 24th 2006, 9:12am

I think you should be able to pick up secrets in time trial: it takes little mroe than five seconds to run in some corener for a bronze, but NO.... we have to do the level again AS WELL as time trial

jane

New Raider

• "jane" is female

Saturday, June 24th 2006, 5:45pm

thanx! :D

lara_croft_rox

Starting Raider

• "lara_croft_rox" is female

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 11:18am

A Few Questions...

i'm now just a few minutes into England, by the way :-)

okay, i'm a bit confused on some things:

1. i completed Kazakstan, and have the following Object Models:

Amanda
Hostage A
Hostage B
Unknown Entity
Lancalot's Shield
?????
Mag Gun
Tesla Battery
Winter Lara
?????

what are the question marks, so i know what to look for when i replay the level?

2. i have mentioned on another topic about how i think there might be another gun in the mansion. where is it, and how do i get it?

3. i was told that completing time trials got me Cheat Codes. how come i havent got any?

4. would the cheat codes (if i had any) be under the Special Tab on the main menu?

5. near the door in the mansion, theres an area of armchairs around a table (not the ones near the fire). i think they might have moved around, but i didnt do it. did they actually change around or am i being stupid as usual?

that's all i need to know...... for now :D

Arty-Girl

Archaeologist

• "Arty-Girl" is female

Currently Playing: sims 2

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 11:54am

RE: A Few Questions...

Quoted

Originally posted by lara_croft_rox

2. i have mentioned on another topic about how i think there might be another gun in the mansion. where is it, and how do i get it?

THERE IS NO OTHER GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just her pistols.
Xx Arty-Girl xX
Don't be a sheep: follow your dreams not the crowd

Arty-Girl

Archaeologist

• "Arty-Girl" is female

Currently Playing: sims 2

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 11:56am

Quoted

Originally posted by lara_croft_rox

5. near the door in the mansion, theres an area of armchairs around a table (not the ones near the fire). i think they might have moved around, but i didnt do it. did they actually change around or am i being stupid as usual?

y r u tlkin bou her hous on the time trial forum???? no thy havent moved it must b ur imagination :stupid:
Xx Arty-Girl xX
Don't be a sheep: follow your dreams not the crowd

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 12:10pm

Quoted

Original von lara_croft_rox
what are the question marks, so i know what to look for when i replay the level?

Rewards, as usual.

Quoted

Original von lara_croft_rox
i have mentioned on another topic about how i think there might be another gun in the mansion.

No.

eikone

New Raider

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 7:53am

Kazakhstan time trial

Is there a certain amount of kills that you have to make in order for the game to continue on during the motocycle/train segments? I was ignoring the enemies and just trying to get to the end but the next segment would never come! :slapforehead: I had to comite suicide and start over. I tried making kills :shoot: and it finally changed over. Does anyone know if there is a minimum kills needed to triger the next segments? I don't want to waste time! :no: