You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "PippinTheJediKnight" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PSP

Currently Playing: LOTR Online

Thursday, April 20th 2006, 7:14pm

Ok. just wondering.

Steve

New Raider

Thursday, April 20th 2006, 8:27pm

RE: 6th Level: England (Monster)

Gosh, everyones getting their knickers in a twist here ! I suspect the bug theory is right. I went back again and the secret is NOT to mess with the cogs before you go into the hall !

Once you get onto the killing the monster bit make sure you are facing directly towards the lever handle BEFORE you start shooting, then when you puyt your guns away the sighting for the magnetic grapple will line up...otherwise you end up trying to extract teeth from the monster !!!!

Otherwise do exactly as the esteemed tombraider girl says, shhot the bells, build up the resonance, quickly put guns away and use grapple to lower cage. Do 4 times then jump over monsters body to get out !

Panda

Gold Raider

• "Panda" is female

TR Platforms: PS2, PS3

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Underworld

Thursday, April 20th 2006, 8:32pm

I had the bug too! I was pulling my hair out about the game before tombraider girl posted a message about the cogs! i must have played around with them before i fought the boss :-? I had to do the whole game again though as my save was only over one file :O

Ctuchik

Jade Raider

• "Ctuchik" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS2

Currently Playing: Underworld

Thursday, April 20th 2006, 8:44pm

How many times do you have to shoot the bells before the monster will look at it? I feel like I unload 30 bullets into the thing only to have the monster hit me and have the bell sound fade away before Lara can get up.

My problem is not with the cogs not dropping, it's that the monster never looks at the bell to allow me to drop the cogs! Am I doing something wrong?
Live forever or die trying.

I AM...the Cake Raider. :cake:

This post has been edited 541,987,621,975 time(s), it was last edited by Ctuchik: Tomorrow, 23:59.

Panda

Gold Raider

• "Panda" is female

TR Platforms: PS2, PS3

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Underworld

Thursday, April 20th 2006, 8:49pm

all i did was dodge mosters attacks whilst shooting the bell, its hard but it can be done, it takes the monster quite a while to notice the bell noise i found. just keep avoiding his bites as best you can.

Sunday, April 23rd 2006, 10:42am

This bit is driving me mad, I have no health packs so don't know if there are any hidden on this bit and also having probs pulling one of the levers. :-?

dotcom

Casual Explorer

• "dotcom" is male

TR Platforms: PS2

Sunday, April 23rd 2006, 1:32pm

There arent any health packs hidden anywhere.
If you have a problem with one of the levers, it might be something to do with your positioning. Try accurate aim, then throwing the grapple. Although this could be tricky with a 30 ft monster spitting gunk at you [hehe]

leapfreak

Casual Explorer

• "leapfreak" is female

Currently Playing: TR Anniversary

Sunday, April 23rd 2006, 5:56pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Ctuchik
How many times do you have to shoot the bells before the monster will look at it? I feel like I unload 30 bullets into the thing only to have the monster hit me and have the bell sound fade away before Lara can get up.

My problem is not with the cogs not dropping, it's that the monster never looks at the bell to allow me to drop the cogs! Am I doing something wrong?

I found that you had to go the the bell furthest away from the last bell you shot, in order to get the monster interested in the noise. If I moved straight from one bell to the one next to it, the monster seemed much less interested.

If I ran across to the furthest bell away from where the monster currently was, he would swim across and stare straight at the bell without even noticing Lara.

Pro Grape

Spam King

• "Pro Grape" is male

TR Platforms: PC, Mac

Friday, June 2nd 2006, 2:55am

At first I had a huge amount of trouble here, because I never fired long enough at the bells to make them ring... I thought my game was buggy too. So, if you are having trouble (not because of a bug), make sure you FIRE FOR A LONG TIME!!!!! Once I finally figured that out it took one try.

You can avoid the serpent's attacks by walking in squares while you fire. 8)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pro Grape" (Jun 2nd 2006, 2:58am)

Saturday, June 3rd 2006, 8:41am

Shoot the bell the monster is not at

Like someone said above.
You can do this whole area without ever getting hit or even shot at for that matter.
When you come into the area the sea monster comes up on the right, pull your guns and run over to the left side and start shooting the bell as fast as you can, by the time the monster goes under water, and comes up on the left side you'll have it ringing enough he'll come up looking at it. Put guns away, grapple and pull, cut sceen, and turn and run to the right one while shooting it. Same thing happens if you shoot fast enough you'll have it ringing before he switches sides.

The back two are a little more tricky, but just as easy, just run up shooting the one he's not near, and run laura on the edge of the side you are shooting, that will cause the monster to swim under water to check out the side you are shooting, and he should come up looking at the bell, if not a couple shots after.

Hope this helps.

demportlad

New Raider

Sunday, July 2nd 2006, 5:08pm

Arthers Tomb

Hey guys i need a little help i have been stuck on this 4 ages.
u know that massif snake thing that comes out of the water i cant seem to kill him does any 1 know how to??:D thanks so much
Thanks so much

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Sunday, July 2nd 2006, 8:05pm

You have to shoot the bells, then when the serpent looks there (is distracted), you use the grapple to pull the lever and bring down the cage nearby. There are four of these bell-tower-thingies, each with its own lever and cage.

MaskedRaider

Archaeologist

• "MaskedRaider" is male

TR Platforms: PC

Sunday, July 2nd 2006, 10:01pm

If there's one thing i've learned from this, it's to alwyas keep at least two alternating slots to save games in: bugs can really mean you have to start over alot. At least Legend isn't as bad as AOD though... [hehe]

Arty-Girl

Archaeologist

• "Arty-Girl" is female

Currently Playing: sims 2

Monday, July 3rd 2006, 5:50pm

i no, MR, i no! on legend it has check points, at least, but AOD u just have to go back to the last save game... which cos its me meens it was about 20 minutes worth of play lost!... going off subject... [hehe]

i took ages with the sea serpent thingies as well, because she kept falling in the watr when i ran to the end of the pier thingie... word to the wise, when u'v got him with one of the towers off the end of the pier, run back to the door to the castle. otherwise, whenever i play it, the serpent has a bit of a spazz attack and spit green stuff tht throws me off the pier, into the water... nd u shud all no wht happens thn! [hehe]
Xx Arty-Girl xX
Don't be a sheep: follow your dreams not the crowd

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Monday, July 3rd 2006, 6:52pm

not if you are fast enough. you basically have to start shooting the second bell immediately after regaining control. It then will have no time but turn to the bell instead. It's difficult, but it can be done.

Basically all bosses in legend are easy, once you have practiced it enough and got the timing right.

Arty-Girl

Archaeologist

• "Arty-Girl" is female

Monday, July 3rd 2006, 9:02pm

compared to AOD and TR 1-5, yeah. but they're still a littl tricky if u dont hav an f****** clue what to do! ;-)
Xx Arty-Girl xX

MaskedRaider

Archaeologist

• "MaskedRaider" is male

Tuesday, July 4th 2006, 8:17pm

I'm really tuck on this boss: I have only one medipack and i can never get the two at the very end without fallin in the water. The far-away angle means i cant control lara very well withou bein distracted by the beast.

Is there any way to turn the camera angle off?

AnimaSola

Archaeologist

• "AnimaSola" is female

Currently Playing: Anniversary

Wednesday, July 5th 2006, 8:26am

That's what bugs me as well, that angle is horrible!
Yet I don't know if one can change that... though there are the options of mirroring some angles, but I really have no idea how that works... so, hmm... good question. Sorry I can't help...

Arty-Girl

Archaeologist

• "Arty-Girl" is female

Wednesday, July 5th 2006, 8:04pm

i no exactly wht u both meen, tht angle drives me up the wall! i allways fall in, and waste time and health... unfortunatly i dont think u can change the angles, unlike on the last game. it makes me so :shout:
Xx Arty-Girl xX

MaskedRaider

Archaeologist

• "MaskedRaider" is male

Wednesday, July 5th 2006, 8:16pm

i've sorted it now anyway. If you always move using the roll/flip/somersault thing, you ga alot faster. although tis not quite a s easy to control, you usually avoid bein hit by the green spitty things :D