You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Fanx

Explorer

• "Fanx" is female
  • "Fanx" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: Volleyball

Friday, April 7th 2006, 4:47pm

3rd Level: Japan (Takamoto)

Does anyone have a good strategy for dealing with this boss?

I've been playing this one for ages - and given up for the moment ....

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Friday, April 7th 2006, 5:10pm

Hes annoying, I had to change the settings from hard to medium to beat him.

I generally climb up as quickly as possible. Jumping around helps to evade at least some of his attacks.

TJ88

New Raider

• "TJ88" is male

TR Platforms: PS2

Friday, April 7th 2006, 6:23pm

Climb up ASAP to evade the turrets

When he uses those...umm...colourful attack things...(the wave of green coming at you!)... I found it useful to get the other side of one of the statues (so theres a stat. between you n him), this way the statue breaks the wave and it doesnt hit you.

Other than that, run, shot, dodge, repeat! :P

A Prodigy

New Raider

• "A Prodigy" is male

TR Platforms: XBox XBox 360

Friday, April 7th 2006, 6:35pm

My strategy for Takamoto is similar,

Climb up very fast, cuz those guns hurt ;)

but i dont hide, i just use the correct jump for each of his attacks.

when you see takamoto going down low use jump, if you see him goin high roll under his attack, and sometimes he shoots virtically, so dive to the side to avoid that.

While doing that i was always running towards him, when your close enough you can throw a grenade.

took him down in about 50 seconds with AR then pistols.

Easy ;)

Prodigy

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "A Prodigy" (Apr 7th 2006, 6:35pm)

Fanx

Explorer

• "Fanx" is female
  • "Fanx" started this thread

Currently Playing: Volleyball

Saturday, April 8th 2006, 12:32am

Got him finally.

I replayed the whole three first levels to pick up the rewards I'd missed first time around.

Pretorian

New Raider

• "Pretorian" is male

Sunday, April 9th 2006, 11:23am

Yea jumping to avoid ok but the problem is why cant this motherf..... make a normal game i mean they improved it a lot from TR 5 or 6 but they still left those stupid f..... camers bul..... why do they have to fuck up something why couldnt they just made the 3rd person view cameras not that shit constantly turning around.
The problem is i cant see takamotos attacks unless im faceing him,stupid fucking programers damn idiots.
Those idiot programers are as it seems vaccinated against makeing normal things they have to make it so that it irritates you and makes you nervous its like a conspiracy :shout:

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Pretorian" (Apr 9th 2006, 11:25am)

Pep®oni

New Raider

• "Pep®oni" is female

Sunday, April 9th 2006, 12:46pm

Takamotoooo .. Grrrrr !!!

I just can't make it ... stupidooooo Japanese with his sword. *sniff*
I'm a savegame Generation, so don't ask me to REplay the whole M3s just to beat a man who could be my Grandpa.

Hoppin/Jumpin around is of no use for me, coz i'm awfully used to her former Controls. Still like with TRAOD I think our gal moves like a duck on LSD dancing ChaChaCha. I can't handle due to dat to run/watch/fire/jump in the same time. As far as I rememba she's set on Medium, but takes ages to jump up. I miss the fact setting her up like earlier and "just" walk backwards/End.

Anyone tell me plz that after about 20tries it'll work even with no unlimited ammo... my peoples suffer with me. Nor cat nor BF will be feeded until that's done.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Pep®oni" (Apr 9th 2006, 12:53pm)

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Sunday, April 9th 2006, 12:50pm

I'm afraid you have to do some jumping. (And I hope you are not playing as Tomb Raider = hard).

You can evade his attacks by jumping over the high ones and rolling under the low ones.

If you play on easy settings, he hardly hurts Lara when she's hit (so if you are playing on another setting and cannot do it maybe replaying on easy isn't such a bad idea).

leonidas

New Raider

• "leonidas" is male

Sunday, April 9th 2006, 3:35pm

RE: Takamotoooo .. Grrrrr !!!

try to use the button that lock the target!
If u do u wil not have so much jumping and u will be able to hit him all the time
Methusmeno_Tsoukali

Pep®oni

New Raider

• "Pep®oni" is female

Sunday, April 9th 2006, 4:19pm

RE: Takamotoooo .. Grrrrr !!!

Yep but that's another thing I hate, before you could perfectly run and shoot; G-Button is no huge use to me, since after a sec of inactivity she puts her Arms away if you want or not. Is it me or did she not have this Initiative before... hmpf.

cyanspeaker

New Raider

TR Platforms: XBox 360

Monday, April 10th 2006, 12:10am

RE: 3rd Level: Japan - defeating Takamoto

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "larauk1234" (May 8th 2012, 7:37pm)

catbazza

New Raider

• "catbazza" is male

Tuesday, April 11th 2006, 1:15pm

Destroying Takamoto (PC)

:shout:Hi folk,
Stuck for 3 days now trying to destroy Takamoto, can't even get his life bar to half way.
First time round had a shotgun which I realised had not the range to shoot across the room.
Replayed level & made certain that I had a automatic machinegun (with telescopic siights) but still cannot even weaken him.

Please HELP!!!!!. :mad:
THEFLYONE

Bantam

Casual Explorer

• "Bantam" is male

Tuesday, April 11th 2006, 1:18pm

RE: Destroying Takamoto (PC)

straight away when it starts get up to the higher level to avoid the turrets, then lock onto him and just keep firing while running towards him.

When hes fires along the ground, jump over it. When he fires higher then roll under it. Keep running after him and shooting and you should be able to defeat him

Tuesday, April 11th 2006, 8:41pm

yes, I've been trying for 2 days and just couldn't beat it. Read this and did it immdeiately. I only used the pistols. As you are running keep moving the cameras so you can see the attacks. It doesn't matter that much if you get hit every second time - I very rarely jumped over, but did roll under the green light each time.

leapfreak

Casual Explorer

• "leapfreak" is female

Currently Playing: TR Anniversary

Tuesday, April 11th 2006, 8:44pm

I played on the easy level and it was exactly that! Lara was getting hit constantly but it barely touched her health bar. I had her shooting and jumping around and he was defeated very quickly. I would definately recommend the easy level for it

cyanspeaker

New Raider

TR Platforms: XBox 360

Wednesday, April 12th 2006, 11:38pm

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "larauk1234" (May 8th 2012, 7:37pm)

ladyoutlaw

Archaeologist

• "ladyoutlaw" is female

TR Platforms: Wii

Currently Playing: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Thursday, April 13th 2006, 8:38pm

o?

i beat him on hard an it wasnt all tht hard! :D i find it easier when i'm close up and usin the pistols! 8) i've never done it wit bomb-things... never even though bout it :no:
Let's get ourselves lost:it's more interesting that way

:sun: XxLoveable Outrageous LegendaryxX :D

Fallen_Angel

Advanced Raider

• "Fallen_Angel" is female

Currently Playing: Underworld

Thursday, April 13th 2006, 8:40pm

This was the easiest boss to beat. All I had to do when I climbed up was jump and dodge, run to him as near as possible, keep on shooting him and when my health got really low I used the pack.

At this point I thought "Eidos, you've got to be joking."

Then I was the last one laughing when I got to the next boss level. :P

well....okay, so I played on the "Easy" difficulty....

XD
:sun:

ladyoutlaw

Archaeologist

• "ladyoutlaw" is female

TR Platforms: Wii

Currently Playing: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Thursday, April 13th 2006, 8:45pm

sometimes i go on easy, sometimes hard. depends on my mood...
:mad:
:(
:P
:D
ect
Let's get ourselves lost:it's more interesting that way

:sun: XxLoveable Outrageous LegendaryxX :D

catbazza

New Raider

• "catbazza" is male

Saturday, April 15th 2006, 3:47pm

This is how I did it on my PC.
May also work on PS2 ect.

Did it without firing a shot directly at him & just using pistols.
As soon as the cut scene ends when you enter room you get Checkpoint, SAVE GAME.
Run behind nearest statue, climb pole, backflip onto upper level.
Turn round & stand behind statue, turn right.
Draw weapons & start running round upper level, donot stop until you see a gun turret above & in front of you with a green light.
STOP, aim at the gun (not the green light)(gun should have the red aiming circle), just keep firing until you see a small ghostly figure of Takamoto float out of the turret, you will also notice that his life line has emptied, HE'S DEAD.
I found this solution by sheer accident just by experimenting because I was getting fed up with getting nowhere.
Think that this was a bug that I accidently dropped on but it worked.
This was on medium setting.
THEFLYONE

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "catbazza" (Apr 15th 2006, 3:48pm)