You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Koalah

Silver Raider

• "Koalah" is female

TR Platforms: PS2

Tuesday, April 18th 2006, 11:11am

PS1 or PS2 =)*

See a world in a grain of sand,
And heaven in a wild flower,
To hold time in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

DarkestAngel

One Winged Angel

• "DarkestAngel" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PlayStation, PSP

Currently Playing: Perfect World International

Tuesday, April 18th 2006, 7:16pm

PS2 i trashed my PS1 i think... or it might be in my attic

Lara x Amanda <3

Della

New Raider

• "Della" is female

TR Platforms: PC

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 10:06pm

I have all the TR games. Every. Single. One. I've played some on the PS, PS2, and I have one for gameboy.

PC always was, is and always will be, THE platform for me. I play most of my games on it, and TR is no different. The Graphics can be enhanced, mods can be added, patches can fix bugs...

PC all the way!

Fanx

Explorer

• "Fanx" is female

Currently Playing: Volleyball

Thursday, April 27th 2006, 5:04am

RE: Lol:ppppp

Quoted

Originally posted by workeddream17
REASONS WHY PS1,PS2 and others are better then PC:

1. There are no ERRORS is the console systems
2. YOU can sit where ever you like, NOT only on a computer chair.
3. Your hands are free
4. Your body doest get uncomfortable so soon as behind the pc.
5. The consoles take 10 times LESS eletrisity
6. I hate playing on the keyboard since all the bottons are far away from each other.
7. There are no patches and download things on the consoles? SO? Its faw better to play TR with the consoles.
8. PC like The Sims2 are good for computer.
9. TR is a adventure not a "typing" game!
10. A good GAMING PC costs like 1063-1687 EUROS! THAT is expensive and a waist of money if its just for playing.
11. Even when garfic is better on PC ALL the TR games are the SAME!

Every single one of your points could be argued to prove the opposite of your claims.

1. There are no errors in my PC - just in some of the games, but they're usually easily fixed. The fact that consoles are completely redesigned every few years points to them being less than perfect. I can get away with sticking a new graphics card or some more memory in my PC and it will last longer than the latest generation of consoles.
2. With a console you have to sit in front of a TV - no handy desk to lean on or place drinks and snacks and phone on.
3. With a console your hands are free only when you let go of the controller.
4. I get uncomfortable sitting on the sofa after 30 minutes - my computer chair .... I can sit in it for 18 hours a day and it stays comfortable.
5. Consoles use only a tenth the power - when you forget to turn the TV on.
6. I know how to use a keyboard, nowadays you're considered functionally illiterate if you don't. I don't really like controllers, but for those that do there are versions or gamepads for the PC too.
7. Not all patches are to fix errors, some are game enhancements or add-ons. Consoles have learned to add adaptability with content downloadable to hard drives, if consoles were as perfect as you suggest this wouldn't have been necessary. Either way, it doesn't demonstrate that one system is any better than another.
8. .... so now you concede that PCs are better? .... or there are some games that can't be played on a console? In the bad old days there wasn't the choice of consoles we have now, nor the cross-platform licencing. When a game was released on more than one system it was on the PC and one console - always on the PC, never on two consoles.
9. Of course it's not a typing game - if I want to practice my typing I don't play Tomb Raider - but I don't have to buy another machine do type on either. Again, you can use a controller or gamepad if you wish. Just how do you write a letter on a console?
10. You were misquoted - or robbed. Last system I built cost about £300 - I'd be fascinated to hear of anyone building their own console. A console might be considered a waste of money if all you do with it is play games on it. Don't forget you also need to buy a TV for the console to work - another waste of money if you're not going to watch TV.
11. All Tomb Raider games are not the same. Have you forgotten about save crystals in the original? They made for substantially different gameplay. ... and you concede the graphics are better on the PC. AoD was different too - on the PC it was crap.

I'm sure consoles are perfect for those that like them - I have a playstation that I probably spend about 30 minutes a year on and I have a PC that I'm very happy to spend 12 hours a day on. For me, the PC is the perfect machine - for games, for music and movies, for work or for anything else I care to do on it.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Fanx" (Apr 27th 2006, 5:08am)

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Thursday, April 27th 2006, 11:09am

Both of you have good points... after all the gamer has to decide what he likes.

One reason why I like consoles is because I don't have to bother with drivers and hardware conflicts. When there is a new console (like the XBox 360 at the moment - which I don't have by the way) it is cheaper to get the best performance out of it. Find me a graphics card that can do the same and costs less. Almost impossible. And that it only the graphics card. Granted, you need the other hardware anyway, to work with your pc, to watch videos and so on...

I like to use both. It depends very much on the game. For example I would almost never play a racing game on a console (well we will see about that, when the PS3 comes out) the same goes for games like ...-Tycoon and such. But on the other hand I would never play a beat em up, prince of persia... on a pc. and when I have the freedom to choose whichever I get, it saves me a lot of money, trouble... and I can play games that don't exist for the other platform. Mainly I am getting consoles or graphics cards for certain games, and not to have the hardware. I will always have a PC for my studies/work... so why not use it for games, but why not always have a console, to play those other games. ;-)

Will4389

Jade Raider

• "Will4389" is male

TR Platforms: Wii, Xbox 360

Thursday, April 27th 2006, 5:29pm

Xbox 360 is nice change for tr, sorry i didn't read your comment above to debate, i'm sure it's great, i usually do , i don't know why i've not really..

DarkestAngel

One Winged Angel

• "DarkestAngel" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PlayStation, PSP

Currently Playing: Perfect World International

Thursday, April 27th 2006, 8:13pm

Ah! i think i know why i like playing on the pc!!! most of the legal games i have are cheaper than those i have on my ps2 [hehe]

Lara x Amanda <3

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Friday, April 28th 2006, 9:09am

In general they are, that's why I get a lot PC games, when I am certain that my PC will be able to handle them, at the moment I am at a point where I only get games for the PS2, if it is an exclusive titel. (Kingdom Hearts II...)

Panda

Gold Raider

• "Panda" is female

TR Platforms: PS2, PS3

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Underworld

Friday, April 28th 2006, 4:56pm

i like the controls on my PS2 too much to want to play many games on the computer unless they are point and click ones ;-)

t.A.T.u.Raider

Starting Raider

• "t.A.T.u.Raider" is male

TR Platforms: Xbox 360

Currently Playing: Bioshock 2

Wednesday, July 2nd 2008, 8:33pm

I played Tomb Raider Anniversary on the Wii, and it was the most fun I have EVER had playing Tomb Raider. I'm definitely buying Underworld for the Wii.
PRIDE

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

TR Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, PC

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Wednesday, July 2nd 2008, 9:39pm

Tomb Raider as in the first game, or Tomb Raider in general?

Considering the latter, I'd have to say Xbox 360. Good graphics are a must (well, maybe not a must, but a delicacy). I seem to think that better graphics make a game more enjoyable. I loved Legend for the PS2, then after getting it for Xbox 360... :love: !
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

t.A.T.u.Raider

Starting Raider

Thursday, July 3rd 2008, 1:53am

I haven't played a TR game for the X-Box 360. Maybe I should get Legend for it.
PRIDE

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Thursday, July 3rd 2008, 2:52am

The only difference I see is in graphics, but that makes a big difference for me.
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

t.A.T.u.Raider

Starting Raider

Thursday, July 3rd 2008, 7:26am

Yeah...I haven't bought Legend yet so I was pondering on what system I should buy it for. Graphic improvements are nice (even in AoD, the graphics rocked).
PRIDE

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

Currently Playing: TR Underworld

Tuesday, July 8th 2008, 11:31am

I played legend on my pc and then on the x-box 360. It looks great on both systems ( but how can you beat moving Lara around a 42 inch plasma screen ) . It took me little time to get used to the controls of the x-box 360 still my preferred system is my Pc.
PS: I hated those save crystals on the Ps1 which was my main reason for playing Tr on Pc. :thumbs:
I came.... I saw... I wondered.......!

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Tuesday, July 8th 2008, 8:01pm

I hate computer games, plain and simple. The only one I play for the computer is the Sims 2, and I rarely play that.

I play Tomb Raider on the Xbox 360 and on the PS1, but I haven't played any TR game since Anniversary, since nothing compares to what Underworld may be like. I might play Angel of Darkness later on, for old times' sake, despite the bugs and massive glitches.
RPG Character Profile

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 10:35am

What exactly is it that you hate about the PC, if you don't mind me asking ?
Wouldn't it be great if they'd release a demo for the TR Underworld before the launch of the actual game ? :thumbs:

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 8:04pm

No, I don't mind your asking. I feel that the controls are complicated, like having to use the keyboard to navigate, but then again you could always get one of those controllers. I have a laptop, so I don't have the memory to be playing computer games, and everything runs slowly - which is why the Sims is a no no now.

I only liked the Sims 2 on the computer because you just use the mouse, which is very easy, and the game is really fun.
RPG Character Profile

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

Friday, July 11th 2008, 7:21am

That's cool,mate. Not everybody likes the keyboard as a navigational tool. :think: . I prefer it to the console, ' cause I'm so used to it. :thumbsup
I played the sims for awhile but in the end I just got bored with it. But I still don't mind playing "age of empires". It just relaxes me watching the little people going about doing their buisiness. [hehe]

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Thursday, July 17th 2008, 11:46am

Basically you are right, controls on PC are annoying at times (depending on the game) and the most perfect game would be something you play using the mouse (only the mouse).

However if you have a gamepad it's not so different from a console (except for the installation, problems with patches, updates....). I have played both Legend and Anniversary on my PC - as the graphics are a lot better than on PS2 for example - using the PS2 or PS3 Controller (the latter is USB - if not used wireless, which I didn't get to work on my PC yet).