You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

GoLaraGo

New Raider

• "GoLaraGo" is male
  • "GoLaraGo" started this thread

TR Platforms: XBox 360, Nintendo 3DS, XBox One.

Currently Playing: Fallout 4, Rise of The Tomb Raider.

Saturday, November 2nd 2013, 3:35pm

XBox One or PS4..or " none of the above" !!

Unlike our favourite heroine Lara, who shall always be youthful, pretty & full of energy, our games consoles will age, malfunction, and eventually conk out. On the horizon are the advanced XBox One & PS4. Will you be getting one ? If yes, which one ? As for me, I'd like to get an XBox One, but because of the eye watering price tag, lack of backwards compatibility (PS4 too), & no games that really interest me (Battlefield 4 is available on the 360 - but a hard drive is required, for example), I think I'll wait for a year or so - when more games will come available (& hopefully there may be a small price drop)...However, having said that, I'd buy one straight away - if a new Tomb Raider game was coming out for it ! :chin

Soul

Vileblood

• "Soul" is male

TR Platforms: PC, XBox360

Currently Playing: God Of War III

Saturday, November 2nd 2013, 4:24pm

Even if Microsoft changed some of the restrictions, I don't see myself ever buying an Xbox One. I think I'll buy myself a PS4 for Christmas 8)

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

• "Wile E. Coyote" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PS3, PSP

Currently Playing: Uncharted, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Wednesday, November 13th 2013, 1:08pm

We've per-ordered a PS4. Of the current console generation we have both the PS3 and Xbox360, but hardly ever played on the 360.

I hope that Sony will bring back features like the DLNA client in a later firmware update. I don't really understand why they removed features that were very useful on the PS3...
--
Signature is futile.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Wednesday, November 13th 2013, 1:21pm

@Soul: I am so looking forward to this, another PSN friend.

As Wile E. said, we pre-ordered the PS4, as we have a standing PS Plus Membership, we will be getting a few PS4 games to get started, and I will definitely buy Assassin's Creed Black Flag (as I've bought the PS3 version, I can upgrade for 10 bucks and I think the graphics are worth it).

As for the Xbox One: A lot of the features they've announced don't interest me and the price is unnecessary high due to that, I think.

GoLaraGo

New Raider

• "GoLaraGo" is male

Thursday, November 14th 2013, 1:35pm

I get the feeling that the launch of the Xbox One will fare as well as a Solari patrol when Lara ambushes it [hehe] ...If Microsoft want the Xbox One to be more than a lame duck console (in sales) behind the PS4 in 2014, they'd better get their thinking caps on - cutting the price would be a good start :chin ...

Dr.Harun

Archaeologist

TR Platforms: PS

Thursday, November 14th 2013, 2:59pm

I have prepared for the next-gen by stepping into the "Sony-camp".
I got myself a PS Vita with PSN+ so I can grab all the games from the Instant game collection (Vita, PS3 and PS4).
And if the time, price and offered games (!) are right - then I shall be a proud owner of a PS4 aswell.
Life is cynical despite my heart of gold.
Senf ist keine Hauptspeise fürs erste Date.
Ey Jungs! Scheiß drauf - WOMBO!

GoLaraGo

New Raider

• "GoLaraGo" is male

Sunday, November 29th 2015, 3:20pm

Oh dear, & apologies to my fellow PS Lara fans...As a creature of habit, I continued my Xbox affiliation, and got...an Xbox One :-o (- after the price had been cut, of course). Rise of The Tomb Raider is no doubt a great game & tribute to our Lara - but sometimes I wish I could (afford) to get a PS as well - & have the best of both worlds (- I wish I could play "The Last of Us") !

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Sunday, November 29th 2015, 4:07pm

Due to the fact that Rise came out on Xbox a whole year before it comes to PlayStation, we now own both and I must say, the Xbox is okay, but lacks some basic features, like why are there batteries in the controller, it has no HDMI control, where turning on the console turns on the TV, and vice versa. Plus the menu is totally chaotic. What I like is that you can use a Windows 10 PC to record your gameplay without any other gadgets.