You are not logged in.

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male
  • "Catracoth" started this thread

TR Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, PC

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Monday, October 8th 2007, 2:18pm

Now That's a Neat Trick.....

In the Bolivia - Tiwinaku level, after the cutscene where Lara sees mercenaries surrounding the temple, and makes her way through, when she reaches the path leading to the temple stairs, there's a pillar that can be shot at to fall on the enemy(ies). If you shoot at it a few times and it starts to fall, run at the mercenary that's directly under the way of the pillar and do that dodge move where you jump and push off him.

It's in slow motion which makes it cooler; Lara flips out of the way of the pillar and it falls on the mercenary. Also, if you enable the One Shot Kills cheat and do as above, instead of flipping over him, Lara with push off and dive forward, and this looks a bit cooler than the latter.

Has anyone tried this before, or knew about the code's effects of diving over them instead of flipping?
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

Masterofdesaster

Gold Raider

• "Masterofdesaster" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS3

Monday, October 8th 2007, 2:35pm

It isn't the code which does this. The thing about the slow-motion trick is, the kick itself inflicts a tiny bit of damage itself, and the oneshotkill increases this damage bit to the max damage possible. And when she has no aim left, there's no need for Lara to shoot anyone in the slo-mo mode.
Also, I think you could have posted this in this thread rather than opening a new thread for that one little trick....
(And you PMed me, but for some reason I can't PM you back. You could contact me via MSN.)
scio me nihil scire

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Masterofdesaster" (Oct 8th 2007, 2:38pm)

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male
  • "Catracoth" started this thread

TR Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, PC

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Monday, October 8th 2007, 4:18pm

Oh, terribly sorry. I wasn't aware about that thread, :o). I know that the kick does the damage, since the one shot kill cheat initializes the dive thing, and that only happens when the enemy is dead or dying, since i did that once without the code.
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."