You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

beerfridgeraider

Starting Raider

• "beerfridgeraider" is male
  • "beerfridgeraider" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: TRU

Sunday, November 30th 2014, 11:35pm

TR2013: the best so far?

Hello Everyone.

I only just finished TR2013. Yes, i know you all completed it last year, but i had a problem with my PC and until i got a new one i couldnt play. Anyhow, i transferred over the saves and continued. My personal view is that this is the best TR game to date. I found the whole thing most entertaining. the graphics are excellent and the puzzles very well thought out - no cheap maze or combination lock puzzles that were once used to pad out the games. I really hope they continue with this high standard now they've set the reboot.

Other things i quite liked were the general lack of "boss fights". only two bits really here, the Russian and the Samuri. I was expecting a boss fight with mathias but, refreshingly, it wasn't like that. very well done i think.

I dont know about a "survivor is born", more like the "natural born killer" is back :-) I think, just about everyone on that island is now dead, save for a few bunnies. On this subject, i thought the way the weapons upgraded was well done and well balanced too.

<humour>
perhaps it's just me, but after crawling through pits of faeces, being shot at, wounded and beaten virtually to a pulp by russian bully boys to then hear the pathetic winges from, so called, friends moaning and complaining over their trivialities - i just wanted to shoot them all through the eyes and throw their bodies in the sea. after all, who's going to know, eveyone else is dead anyway. :-)
</humour>
/BFR

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Monday, December 1st 2014, 12:06am

We have also recently replayed (in our case) the game. Well, Wile E. played it and I watched. I totally agree with what you say about the weapons. I especially liked that the game got me to use them all. In most other games I pick one or two weapons I use and stick to them. (Unless I have to change cause I ran out of ammo.) In Tomb Raider I found good use for every weapon. Granted, there were few, but in other games I would have ditched the bow right away and would probably not have used the shotgun.

Overall I would not say the game was the best so far. I like most of the Tomb Raider games, for different reasons. (I loved the humour in Legend for example.)

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

• "Wile E. Coyote" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PS3, PSP

Currently Playing: Uncharted, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Monday, December 1st 2014, 11:45am

As tombraidergirl said, I've been replaying the game, and the only thing that bugged me is that it was simply too easy, even on hard settings. Well, OK, it's been the third time I played it, so maybe it's just me. But for the next game I'd really like a harder than hard (Die Hard? ;-)) setting.
--
Signature is futile.

beerfridgeraider

Starting Raider

• "beerfridgeraider" is male
  • "beerfridgeraider" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: TRU

Monday, December 1st 2014, 12:52pm

you're right about the weapons. one of the few games ive enjoyed using them all and pretty much had to.

in most games i concentrate on the pistol, spending all the upgrades there. I always find the pistol good for distance and head shots. Although true for tr2013, i also needed to use the other weapons too. it took me a while to like the shotgun. annoyingly, i found myself often without ammo in a close situation "click" and no time to reload.

later during the samuri guard attack, i was using the shotgun alternating reload & fire, otherwise i'd get a sword in the head. the shotgun is good for that scene.
in some parts, like the bunker you can't avoid a close quarters combat (i dont know if there's a stealth way).

As the game progressed, i found myself trying the special moves more and more. i think this is another nice touch and certainly gives both a real and virtual character progression.
do you know of any new games coming out. i've heard there's a console exclusive, but i use PC. hopefully the excusive will expire. from a business point of view, TR2013 should have done well, so a sequel ought to be in the pipe.

best regards.
/BFR

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

• "Wile E. Coyote" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PS3, PSP

Currently Playing: Uncharted, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Monday, December 1st 2014, 9:06pm

The next game has already been announced, it will be called "Rise of the Tomb Raider" and will be coming out at the end of 2015. :-)

Sadly, it will have a (time limited) Xbox exclusivity. :-/

Some links:
http://www.wikiraider.com/index.php/Rise_of_the_Tomb_Raider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWyhQUm42Vk
http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/945294…b-raider-update
--
Signature is futile.