You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female
  • "tombraidergirl" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 7:40pm

Important: Forums Update

The forum upgrade is not done yet. I still have got a lot of work to do, but I wanted to allow you to continue posting and reading instead of keeping you locked out.

Reporting any errors at this moment is pointless, as I have a lot of issues to work on without you telling me (from missing language variables to styles).

Quoted

Known issues we are trying to fix:
- missing or wrong icons
- missing language variables (like: wbb.board.board.wiki.description)
- regular "Reply" does not work in IE8 (use quick reply or if you know how to do it, set your browsers compatibility to IE7) (too many smilies were the cause)
- ranks
- list of ranks in help file
- header menu is different (will most likely be changed to look as it has before, profile link below banner, new posts since last visit...)
- registration text does not point to the rules
- display of PSN and Live banners in profile
- the main page of the forum looks silly when using a resolution of 1024*768 (looks ok when you have a higher resolution)

Issues you have to fix:
- lost information in your profile
- German threads (If you see German threads, you don't want to see, go to your profile, settings, general and mark English (and English only) as content language

Issues you should report:
- missing permissions: test, team, or moderator forums you have permissions to see are missing from the overview.
- missing or wrong language variables (missing ones look like: wbb.board.board.wiki.description; wrong ones contain German text)

Things you should not use yet:
- Gallery
- Guestbook

Everything else is still too early to report. Sometimes a hard reload of the page (pressing Shift) may solve a problem for you.

At this point you may or may not see messages in English and/or German. To fix any issues, please go to your profile, pick settings and pick your languages at: "Show content in the following languages".

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Saturday, October 17th 2009, 11:01am

Update:

The ranks should be back. I have changed them slightly and added two new ranks, a list is still in the making and can be found in the help file soon. The IE8 issue has been fixed, the IE8 could not load the huge amount of smilies any more. Smilies are now divided into categories (6 at the moment). (No smilies should be missing from before.)

In other words, my to-do list:
  • list of ranks (help)
  • modification of registration message
  • adding some language variables
  • modifying the header menu
  • explain gallery functions to fan artists, lookalikes, wallpaper designers and anyone who wants to contribute
  • explain new functions to the English community (I am explaining them as I figure them out to the German community which is bigger a.t.m.)

If you find anything that is wrong, or strange and that is not mentioned in the list above. Please let me know.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

One other thing:

Unexplained errors
  • Quick reply does not work
    Normally it should work. If you allow java script, you can simply click on "quick reply" and a basic message window slides open. If, for any reason this does not work for you, and you are certain that you allow the page to use scripts, please report your browser, including the version number (e.g. Firefox 3.5.3) and your operating system (e.g. Windows Vista).

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: TR Underworld

Monday, October 19th 2009, 7:46am

Great work Trg. We all love you for keeping this forum going. Two thumbs up.
I came.... I saw... I wondered.......!

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Monday, October 19th 2009, 11:56am

*update of status in first post*

You may now post missing or wrong language variables. If you find system messages in German or something of the type wbb.board.board.wiki.description, please report the exact location, including link and a detailed description of where the error lies.