You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female
  • "tombraidergirl" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Friday, October 12th 2007, 4:06am

New Forum, New Possibilities

Welcome to the new forum.

This forum offers some new possibilities which might take some getting used to at first. In this thread I will try to explain some of the new features and options to you. I might edit it from time to time to add things.

Quite a few features are also explained in the "Help" (which you can find in the header menu).

What is new:

Signatures
The maximum size has been reduced to 500*150, according to several polls held here and in the German part of the forum. The size will be tested upon entering in your profile. You can theoretically use up to three images to your signature, however you may only use one image if you go for the maximum size. If you'd like to use three images they have to be below 500*150 when added up. Alternatively you may add a longer text (up to 500 chars). When using a full-size image, you may only add a maximum of one line of text. (Further details will be revealed in a signature thread later.)

Please note: It is no longer possible to use uploaded attachments for your signature!

Avatars may now be of a larger size: 125*125 pix We currently have no 125*125 avatars in our gallery, but you may upload your own Avatar.

Creating a Posting
When you want to write a post, you now have two editors to choose from:
  • Editor - a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Editor, which "translates" formattings on the fly. It can be a bit slow due to that, especially for quick-typers.
  • Source code - a regular editor as known from the previous forum.

The last used editor will be default when you post your next message.

quoting posts
To quote a posting like before, you click on the "Quote"-Button below the message and pick "Quote post". A new option will now allow you to collect postings you like to quote. To do that, click on "Multi-quote post" instead. The thread will be marked and you can move on to mark the next thread you'd like to quote. After picking all messages you want to quote, simply use the regular "Reply"-Button at the top or the bottom of the thread. The quoted messages will be waiting for you in the editor window. (In the Source code editor the quoted parts can be found between the "quote"-Tag, in the WYSIWYG Editor they are in a box.)

(create) poll
To create a poll, you need to create a thread first. When composing the message, you will find a tab named "Poll" (4th, after Smileys, Settings, Attachments) below the editor window. There you can enter your poll.

You can now change your votes, when the creator of the poll allows you to, which would be nice.

Attachments
To add an attachment (please note that bmps, pdfs as well as savegames ending with 0,1,2 cannot be attached; they need to be packed using zip or rar), click on the third tab below the editor window called "Attachments". Use the "Browse..."-Button to search your computer for the file you'd like to attach. Once you have selected the file, click "Upload". The file will then be integrated to the forum, at the end of your posting. A new option is that you can now place it anywhere within your post. To to that, place your cursor where you'd like the file to be and click "Add to post".

As you might notice, new postings will be categorized by subforum from now on. I could deactivate this option to list them all together, however this is a global setting and I don't want to do that, without giving this new option a try first. I might make a poll in a week or so to see if people like this new option or not.

Quoted

latest addition:

When clicking on the link-text you will be transported to the beginning of a thread. But there are two more options from which you can choose:
  • Left Arrow (on mouse over it will say "Jump to the first unread Post") - It will bring you to the first post in this thread that has not been marked red by you. When you have marked all posts in this thread as red it will not appear.
  • Right Arrow - found in the "Last Post" column (on mouse over it will read "Jump to last Post of this Thread") - transports you to the last post.

Search
When using the search field in the header banner, the forum you are currently in will be searched. (e.g. if you are on the index page, everything will the searched, when within the Anniversary gameplay forum only this will be searched)

mark Posts/Forums as read
To mark a post as read, simply double-click the Lara in front of the thread. You can use the same method for subforums, by double-clicking the Scion.

Spoiler Tag
The spoiler tag can be used to hide certain text from view. Use the icon marked SP to insert the spoiler tag. Place the hidden text between the tags.

Spoiler Spoiler

hidden text

User Ranks
User Ranks have been slightly modified. They are no longer picked by number of postings, but by activity points. This is actually not so different from before, as new postings and new threads get you activity points. Please note that posting a lot of nonsense or even spam will only get you stripped of your rank!

An overview of the ranks can be found at:
http://www.forum.tombraidergirl.net/inde…em=usercp.ranks
(Complaints like "I was Jade Raider yesterday" will get you nowhere, so don't bother.)

Administrators and Moderators may pick their rank (they may use their own rank or the regular rank like everybody else).

"New" Styles
To finish this introduction I will now list the new styles. (Additionally I have kept the two styles that originally came with the forum, you may use them as they are, but I am not going to change them, except maybe deleting them later.)

To pick a style, click "Profile" in the header menu. Then pick the tab "Settings" (2) and the sub-tab "Display settings" (4). The first option, which is called "Individual style" is what you are looking for.

• Tomb Raider Anniversary - Standard

• Tomb Raider Legend

• Tomb Raider Anniversary Variant

• The Last Revelation

• The Angel of Darkness

• Roses

• Cradle of Life

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

TR Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, PC

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Friday, October 12th 2007, 9:52pm

This is just too cool to believe. I don't know what to say other than thank you and good job, =) !!! It's so much more organized and easier to use, and just generally cooler! This is a major upgrade for the site! But only one thing, when I'm typing a new post or response, it's kind of slow, just because of everything going on, like the smilies and whatnot, but that's not a problem. It's fast enough for my liking =) .
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Friday, October 12th 2007, 9:57pm

Yeah, there are too many smilies. But the only solution at the moment would be to delete some. I somehow don't want to do that.

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Friday, October 12th 2007, 10:00pm

I wouldn't either. I mean, there are a lot of useful and expressive ones, but I don't think they should be deleted. Perhaps hidden? Like before, with a more button or something. But that would have to be in the package. It's not a big deal. So, it's a little slow, but it might be a problem for people who have computers that are already slow.
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 5:41pm

A note on the "New Posts"-search results and the navigation within has been added. (There was some confusion in the German forum, I hope this will clear things up. Look for the quote in the first post. )

Skinny Jeans

One Winged Angel

• "Skinny Jeans" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PlayStation, PSP

Currently Playing: Perfect World International

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 10:57am

I was just wondering where the rewards system has went to, you can see the rewards subject in members profiles, but there is no drop down in the edit user profile.

Lara x Amanda <3

• "obi-wan_the_hobbit" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS2

Currently Playing: Wolfenstein; Prince of Persia

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 3:58pm

Thanks for the newlook forum TRG. 'tis awesome. I like the new smilies - discovering a new one is always fun! 8|
“There’s a puddle… INVAAAAAAAADE!!”

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 4:07pm

I was just wondering where the rewards system has went to, you can see the rewards subject in members profiles, but there is no drop down in the edit user profile.

You cannot pick them any more as many new users thought it funny to just reward themselfes. I have to set them.
I am currently having difficulties however and the rewards are not correct yet.

MaskedRaider

Archaeologist

• "MaskedRaider" is male

TR Platforms: PC

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 8:12pm

Really nice job TRG - well done all round! Especially the WYSIWYG - saves alot of going back and editing if you missed out part of a code!

Skinny Jeans

One Winged Angel

• "Skinny Jeans" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PlayStation, PSP

Currently Playing: Perfect World International

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 8:27pm

^^Ah I see. Well thats understandable seeing as a recent nuisance whose name I'm not going to mention did that :| .

Lara x Amanda <3

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 10:13pm

You cannot pick them any more as many new users thought it funny to just reward themselfes. I have to set them.
I am currently having difficulties however and the rewards are not correct yet.
I remember seeing that rewards thing when we had the older forum. That was really funny of them, :stupid . It clearly said not to do such, but that's people for you.

I love the new forum styles, but is there any chance of one from the first movie?
RPG Character Profile

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 10:59pm

I love the new forum styles, but is there any chance of one from the first movie?

Maybe, if I get an idea for it.

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Monday, October 15th 2007, 8:49pm

I'm thinking a blue themed layout, with a picture of Lara doing the ceiling acrobatics (on the banner), and perhaps one of her holding the dual pistols, firing at Simon the robot.
RPG Character Profile

Panda

Gold Raider

• "Panda" is female

TR Platforms: PS2, PS3

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Underworld

Wednesday, October 17th 2007, 6:38pm

very well done on the layout, its great. I hope we get the set rewards back too, even if it means the admin must apply it.

ladyoutlaw

Archaeologist

• "ladyoutlaw" is female

TR Platforms: Wii

Currently Playing: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Thursday, October 18th 2007, 2:00pm

New new new new new!!

I haven't been on in ages and its all NEW

eep :axe :shock: it's just a tad scary =]

?( sure to get used to it but still :S

must say it's reall dudy now =] :rofl loving the update TRG! :pinch

soo peeps, wot have i missed out on? :wacko:

lol
Let's get ourselves lost:it's more interesting that way

:sun: XxLoveable Outrageous LegendaryxX :D

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Thursday, October 18th 2007, 2:16pm

The forum may be new, but the rules are still the same. "Do not open unnecessary threads" ;-)

I merged them.