You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: TR Underworld

Friday, February 20th 2009, 4:13am

Watched ' Apocalypto ' All I can say is ........ wow ......... :thumbs:
I came.... I saw... I wondered.......!

• "obi-wan_the_hobbit" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS2

Currently Playing: Wolfenstein; Prince of Persia

Friday, February 20th 2009, 6:51pm

Finally got around to watching :bat The Dark Knight :bat :grins a truley awesome movie :thumbsup
“There’s a puddle… INVAAAAAAAADE!!”

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

Monday, February 23rd 2009, 8:19am

Love the dark knight. :thumbsup Heath Ledger is ( was) the best Joker ever. May he rest in peace.( I'm serious ) I think I watched this movie about 10 times. I must be crazy. :rolleyes:

RedHell

Fridge Raider

• "RedHell" is female

TR Platforms: PC, GBC, Xbox 360

Monday, February 23rd 2009, 2:48pm

I must be crazy. :rolleyes:

You're not, since the movie is brilliant :-)

Just watched the first Resident Evil movie again (fun), and yesterday I watched Brokeback Mountain (great).
"It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept."

Skinny Jeans

One Winged Angel

• "Skinny Jeans" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PlayStation, PSP

Currently Playing: Perfect World International

Monday, February 23rd 2009, 6:05pm

This isn't about a film I've watched but it still gave me a thrill. This film, if it lives up to the book, will be the undoubted highlight of my year aside from Glastonbury. And I saw the trailer for the frist time today. Get it watched.

Angels and Demons, 2, 3

I worship this book, and Dan Brown. However, I have a snag and I've mentioned this before. Its a prequel, NOT a sequel.

Lara x Amanda <3

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 8:02am

I love the da vinci code, it is a great movie and book. Do you think angels and demons can top this ? By looking at the trailers it will come close, do you agree ? ;-)
I also love the resident evil movies. Especially the first one. The 3rd was pretty god too, but the second one :think: !?
I watched definitely maybe. Doh definitely not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skinny Jeans

One Winged Angel

• "Skinny Jeans" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PlayStation, PSP

Currently Playing: Perfect World International

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 3:42pm

If perfection existed, I'd say that the books would come pretty darn close to it. However, I was soarly disapointed by the film adaption of The Da Vinci Code. Too much was ripped out and too many of the events weren't shown in chronological order according to the book.

I watched the Simpsons Movie in the ungodly hours of this morning as I couldn't sleep.

Lara x Amanda <3

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

Friday, February 27th 2009, 4:04am

Too much was ripped out and too many of the events weren't shown in chronological order according to the book.
As it happens with too many book to film adaptions. :S And some don't even come close to the written word ( book ). And for some the only thing they have in common is the title. :ouch: But by saying that, the Da Vinci Code wasn't a bad movie, if you never read the book.

I didn't actually watch a movie but some episodes of ' Man VS Wild ' I've taped a while ago. Great watching ! :thumbsup A show on the discovery channel.

OCCfan92

Gold Raider

• "OCCfan92" is male

Location: Im Dreieck zwischen Heide(Holst), Itzehoe, und Rendsburg

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, DS, Wii

Currently Playing: CoD6, CoD8, COD9, TR, BF4

Friday, February 27th 2009, 4:16pm

Last weekend I saw the movie "spirited Away" a japanese one, in german called "Chihiros Reise ins Zauberland"...It's such a brilliant film, i can watch it thaousand times ;)

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 2:46am

I watched ' the boat ' ( das boot ) excellent movie. :thumbsup Sad ending though.

Herzblut

Adventurer

TR Platforms: Playstation

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 7:28am

A few days ago, I watched the Movie "The Others" with Nicole Kidman on TV... At the beginning I thought it would be a little bit boring, but then... the End! Beyond expectation! Wow! :applaud

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

TR Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, PC

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 2:53pm

Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

It was on Showtime or Cinemax or whatever channel and it just finished. What a brilliant movie! A bit weird, but I loved it.
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

BethRaider16

Casual Explorer

• "BethRaider16" is female

TR Platforms: PS1, PS2 & PS3

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 3:10pm

^^Awesome!!! :D

Right now, I'm watching Clockwise with John Cleese :awe

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 8:49pm

Spoiler Spoiler

This isn't about a film I've watched but it still gave me a thrill. This film, if it lives up to the book, will be the undoubted highlight of my year aside from Glastonbury. And I saw the trailer for the frist time today. Get it watched.
I worship this book, and Dan Brown. However, I have a snag and I've mentioned this before. Its a prequel, NOT a sequel.

I love the da vinci code, it is a great movie and book. Do you think angels and demons can top this ? By looking at the trailers it will come close, do you agree ? ;-)

If perfection existed, I'd say that the books would come pretty darn close to it. However, I was soarly disapointed by the film adaption of The Da Vinci Code. Too much was ripped out and too many of the events weren't shown in chronological order according to the book.

Too much was ripped out and too many of the events weren't shown in chronological order according to the book.
As it happens with too many book to film adaptions. :S And some don't even come close to the written word ( book ). And for some the only thing they have in common is the title. :ouch:

Although pretty close, neither Angels and Demons nor The Da Vinci Code are my favorite Dan Brown book; however, I did enjoy both very much. As for the Da Vinci Code movie... :hang I lasted roughly 20 minutes into the movie before walking away in disappointment and disgust. I truley did not enjoy the movie and shan't give Angels and Demons a chance - it's just not worth it in my mind.
I also do find it fairly stupid that they started with the second book/movie first :stupid but that's just me... :no:

On a more related note, I watched Shaun of the Dead today. An oddly humerous movie made all the funnier having seen Hot Fuzz. A "British comedy" parody of most Zombie-Apocalypse movies, with plenty of violence, a lot of blood/gore and some very bad language... a pretty good way to spend 2 hours or so :D
Recommended to fans of Hot Fuzz

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 8:49am

I watched ' Blood Diamond '. Now that's a very good movie ! :thumbs:

RedHell

Fridge Raider

• "RedHell" is female

TR Platforms: PC, GBC, Xbox 360

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 11:35am

Finally watched Twilight yesterday. It was surprisingly quiet during the whole movie, I expected more screaming and squealing from the girls (there were exactly 8 men in the audience, I felt very compassionate for those poor beings who were dragged along by their girlfriends, mostly).

I liked the movie though I prefer the book. But the baseball scene with "Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse playing... pure awesome :D
"It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept."

Lady Punk

Adventurer

• "Lady Punk" is female

Currently Playing: TRA

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 5:05pm

I watched "Devil wears Prada" yesterday again
Really funny [hehe]
And in some way just SO true :rofl

Edit:
I watched Twilight some weeks ago, too
and I was surprised one a positive way
Of course, the books are better and if you ask me,
the actors looked like Kids dressing for Halloween :roll

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

Wednesday, March 4th 2009, 8:54am

I watched ' Mad Max '. Good old action flick. :thumbs: Has anyone seen here it ?

EmEssEn

Average Raider

• "EmEssEn" is female

TR Platforms: PS2

Sunday, March 15th 2009, 4:40pm

[I know, I'm noob-ing again, but I like to join in with these things even if they are old!]

I haven't seen Mad Max but I've heard it's good.

I finally watched Basic Instinct the other day. Also Silence of the Lambs, that is one beast of a film.

That's about it though.

Monday, March 16th 2009, 4:41pm

I saw Watchmen some time ago. Hectic film, no lies :P The special effects were spectacular and I enjoyed the soundtrack. I'm not a follower of the comic, however, so I can't comment on how true the movie was to the comic.

I also saw Wanted fairly recently. The stunts were very over the top and there wasn't exactly a plot to speak of, but it was an enjoyable way to spend the time :-)