You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Panda

Gold Raider

• "Panda" is female

TR Platforms: PS2, PS3

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Underworld

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 12:33pm

The same thing happened to me, i think that you do need to make kills for the game to move on in that section.

MaskedRaider

Archaeologist

• "MaskedRaider" is male

TR Platforms: PC

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 4:13pm

It's the same on teh normal (not time trial) level. I think you must kill around ten of the bikes. It may be more. :-?

Arty-Girl

Archaeologist

• "Arty-Girl" is female

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: sims 2

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 5:33pm

MaskedRaider is rite. i once tried to do it without killin any one to go faster but it just didnt work, the game kept looping back on itself. it made me so :shout:
Xx Arty-Girl xX
Don't be a sheep: follow your dreams not the crowd

MaskedRaider

Archaeologist

• "MaskedRaider" is male

Saturday, July 15th 2006, 11:50am

Nepal first!

Nepal is i think the easiest time trial, once you know the level a bit. Also, after that, you get the Excalibur code: Then you can use excalibur in any level.

This speeds up the time-trials immensley, especially Japan, Bolivia, and Khazakstan! :D

This should help alot! :D

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Saturday, July 15th 2006, 8:55pm

Kazakhstan is the easiest, when you take the shortcut. After that I think it's Bolivia, maybe because I've already played it countless times.

MaskedRaider

Archaeologist

• "MaskedRaider" is male

Sunday, July 16th 2006, 2:25pm

Khazakstan? Easy? I havent found the shortcut. I'll be forced to use the walkthrough..... i'll only cheat a little ;-)

What do you get with the khazakstan time trial?

AnimaSola

Archaeologist

• "AnimaSola" is female

Currently Playing: Anniversary

Sunday, July 16th 2006, 3:21pm

You'll get the "Amanda, Winter" outfit.
But it is really easy when you use the shortcut, the only annoying part is and will ever be the bike part. ;___;

MaskedRaider

Archaeologist

• "MaskedRaider" is male

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 5:32pm

How do you get the NextGen content?

Also, I want to knwo the time trial cheats and outfits for:

Khazakstan
England
Peru
Ghana

Raider_Anamaya

New Raider

• "Raider_Anamaya" is female

Monday, July 24th 2006, 8:20pm

I'm confused about the kazakstan short cut :-(
:kiss: Raider_Anamya :kiss:

dennis

Adventurer

• "dennis" is male
  • "dennis" has been banned

Monday, August 14th 2006, 5:12am

Quoted

Originally posted by MaskedRaider
Khazakstan? Easy? I havent found the shortcut. I'll be forced to use the walkthrough..... i'll only cheat a little ;-)

What do you get with the khazakstan time trial?

In kazakhstan In the room where the first tesla gun is bring one crate to line up the platform and leap from there and to the walkway wit the exit.

AnimaSola

Archaeologist

• "AnimaSola" is female

Currently Playing: Anniversary

Monday, August 14th 2006, 8:14am

Quoted

Original von MaskedRaider
How do you get the NextGen content?

Also, I want to knwo the time trial cheats and outfits for:

Khazakstan
England
Peru
Ghana

You can't get the NextGen content, that's merely a different style with more effects you can play on - if you can't select Next Generation in the Options, your PC probably isn't able to launch that function, mine isn't either - which is mean -.- but well...^^

When you've done Khazakstan (and by done I mean collecting all rewards and having finished the time trial) you'll get the outfits Amanda, Winter, Special Forces, Winter, Winter, no coat, Winter orange, no coat. Cheats you'll get are: grenade gun, unlimited ammo.

For England:
Outfits:
Biker, Biker Red Jacket, Biker no Jacket, Special Forces, Urban and Goth
Cheats:
Invincible-cheat (very useful xD)

For Peru:
Outfits:
Legend, blue, Classic, Winter pink, no coat
Cheats:
MP unlimited ammo

For Ghana:
Outfits:
Legend, pink, Classic, grey, Amanda
Cheats:
Shotgun, unlimited ammo

dennis

Adventurer

• "dennis" is male
  • "dennis" has been banned

Monday, August 14th 2006, 5:53pm

If you don't use the shortcut in Kazakhstan then you're better off not dying during the bike ride at all. If you die even once during the bike then you're better off using the shortcut.

muld@n

Advanced Raider

• "muld@n" is male

TR Platforms: Xbox 360

Currently Playing: Fallout 3 and COD

Wednesday, August 16th 2006, 2:31pm

time trail

ive been trying to do the time trials but i cant get far at all. on bolivia i get to about the temple entrace and run out of time. So is there a secret way or do i just suck? :(
August 23, 1945-April 4, 1999 The Attack Comes Not From The Front, But From The Side
“There are two kinds of Browncoats: Those within the fictional story of Firefly & those outside the story. We are the latter.”

Panda

Gold Raider

• "Panda" is female

TR Platforms: PS2, PS3

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Underworld

Wednesday, August 16th 2006, 4:05pm

i did bolivia without a shortcut, but i'm sure there is one, and i'm sure there is a better strategy than just to play through it, but i jus did it as quickly as i could an completed it in time. It was hard though for me as i'm rubbish hehee.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Wednesday, August 16th 2006, 4:33pm

I have not found a real shortcut in Bolivia. Basically you just ignore all opponents when possible. Inside the temple, only bring up one of the crates.

Use Interaction (press repeatedly/quickly) while climbing, swimming ... to speed up the process.

• "the_sinful_saint" is female

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: Legend

Wednesday, January 3rd 2007, 9:47am

Time Trial

I've got a tip for the Japan time trial. When you use one shot kill it works on Takamoto too.
I am totally evil perfect. :legend:

Lara-Girl

Archaeologist

• "Lara-Girl" is female
  • "Lara-Girl" has been banned

Currently Playing: Neon God

Wednesday, January 3rd 2007, 1:37pm

What shot do you mean?

MaskedRaider

Archaeologist

• "MaskedRaider" is male

Wednesday, January 3rd 2007, 3:16pm

There is a one-shot kill cheat

You have to unlock it using a time trial, but i'm not sure which one, sadly. I still have yet to complete the Ghana, Khazakstan, England and Bolivia Redux TT.

By the way, what does Redux mean? It doesn't mean 'revisited' or anything like that... was that something i missed? It's not the name of an artefact is it?

Lara-Girl

Archaeologist

• "Lara-Girl" is female
  • "Lara-Girl" has been banned

Currently Playing: Neon God

Wednesday, January 3rd 2007, 5:37pm

I've unlocked it,too,but I don't remember from which time trial.
^Yes,maybe from Bolivia Redux [hehe]

Astara

New Raider

Wednesday, January 3rd 2007, 6:19pm

Redux and killing Takimoto

Redux: From Latin: something returned to (or literally, done again)
So it's sorta like saying "Boliva, redone".

If you are not doing the Time Trial, I found the "safest" way to kill Takimoto, "TM" is to "wear him down".

I go behind one of the large stone supports and go all the way to the outside wall. You have to hug the outside wall or the gun turrets will target you.

I find using "Advanced/Toggle" mode easiest with TM. Anyway, I find a place where I can shoot at him -- this works best if you have picked up a bunch of the automatic rifles (reads 30/120) before you go into battle with him. If you use the auto-target it can just barely lock onto him across the room.

The general strategy is to jump out from behind the stone supports (with outside wall at your back), squeeze off a few shots. He will send a blast from his sword at you, when it comes, duck back behind the stone support. It will protect you if you keep it between him and you. When the blast has gone by, jump back out and start shooting at him again.

You will likely end up shooting at him with pistols before the end. They don't hit often, but the object is to jump out and shoot on repeat, and keep ducking when his staff blast comes close. He will move after you hit him a few times, so you will have to keep moving around the lower-level circle, but if you keep back against the outside wall, the gun turrets will not target you. Just keep adjusting position until you can target him again (red or white reticule) and keep running behind one of the stone supports when his blast comes near again.

If you do it right, he gets worn down (& doesn't heal) -- and if you keep ducking behind the stones, his blasts don't touch you. Requires patience, but it is pretty straight forward. This was the first way I used to kill him. It isn't ideal for the time trial though.

For the time trial, I find loading up with shot-guns (5/20) before attacking him to be most effective. Again, I load up with max healthpacks. But for quicker kill, I climb to 2nd level, and again target him on "advanced/toggle". No gun turrets to worry about on 2nd level -- just TM's blasts. You can't hide from them, but if you have him targeted, you can jump/duck. Oddly enough -- when I didn't have him targeted, I had trouble getting Lara to jump and duck quickly enough to avoid his blasts. Keeping guns (or shotgun) drawn seems to help with dodge speed.

Anyway, his blasts at a distance come in either low (use jump to avoid) or high (use duck to avoid). I keep moving around the circle toward him. When I get close, I try to 1) keep moving, and 2) let go with the shotgun and try to hit him 2-3 times before he runs away. He will try a vertical blast at you -- those hurt if you are not moving. After hitting him once, he is also likely to try to run away again. At close range, 4-5 shotgun blasts will kill him, so if I hit him once or twice, then he'll run away. Then I chase, an hit him again. Eventually I get in enough damage before he damages me too much (though starting with 3 health packs is helpful! :-)).

The 2nd method requires more fancy finger work than the first and is definitely easier with a gamepad (vs. just using the keyboard), but is usually necessary to kill him under time pressure.

Good luck....
A*a