You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Loxy

Starting Raider

• "Loxy" is male

TR Platforms: PC XBox 360

Friday, April 14th 2006, 3:31pm

that probably means you're trying to stay completelyout of reach of the monsters body attacks; don't try to completely hide from it; instead jump around fairly close; the monster is pretty slow with it's attacks so as long as you keep jumping and dodging around it won't hit you

avinash

New Raider

TR Platforms: PC

Saturday, April 15th 2006, 8:50pm

RE: 6th Level: England (Monster)

Quoted

Originally posted by bex
I'm stuck when trying to defeat the giant snake! i can't ever fire the grappel in time for it to catch the monster...
Can any1 help?!

I have the exAct same problem..

leapfreak

Casual Explorer

• "leapfreak" is female

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: TR Anniversary

Saturday, April 15th 2006, 9:02pm

I had the same problem but after a few tries you get the hang of it. I went for which ever pillar the monster wasn't near, aimed and fired at the pillar. As soon as you do the monster appears and stares at the pillar.

Whilst firing I positioned myself so that I could see the lever light up. As soon as the monster looks at the pillar, fire the grapple at the lever and pull it. The cage comes down and knocks the monster on the head.

This was where I first kept getting stuck because after the first cage hit him, the monster wouldn't stop attacking Lara! I discovered that if I sumersaulted across to the furthest away pillar, the monster would miss Lara and by the time he reached her I had started firing at that pillar so he became mesmorised by the pillar and didn't attack Lara.

I did this for each pillar and found it much easier as long as I didn't move from the pillar I was on to the one next to it. I always moved to the furthest away pillar that I hadn't already used.

I hope this is of some help as I know how frustrating it is when you can't get past a certain part and this bit was difficult and annoying but so satisfying when it's done!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "leapfreak" (Apr 15th 2006, 9:03pm)

ladyoutlaw

Archaeologist

• "ladyoutlaw" is female

TR Platforms: Wii

Currently Playing: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Saturday, April 15th 2006, 9:03pm

ok. heres wht do
shoot the cage an keep jumpin so the monster wont get u. as soon as the monster turn its head grab the cage an bring it down. all i can do is hope 4 the best.
gd luck.hope u nock its head off :hit:, u could always try hangin it :hang:
gd luck again
Let's get ourselves lost:it's more interesting that way

:sun: XxLoveable Outrageous LegendaryxX :D

heartworm

New Raider

Saturday, April 15th 2006, 11:01pm

So... I know what to do and I was able to get as far as hitting it once with the cage but I have no medi-packs and I feel utterfly screwed! Is there any hidden health packs I should be aware of? I am playing the PS2 verison so I can't use someone else's saved file. =/
HELP!
Lilla

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Saturday, April 15th 2006, 11:43pm

I think there is not. But keep practicing, it can be done with only the one medipack.

It is important, that you run straight towards one of this bell towers and start shooting. don't stop, till the creature turnes its head, then quickly stop, through out the grapple, pull it down. run to the next (dodging attacks by rolling and jumping), repeat. Once you've gotten the timing right it's not that difficult.

leapfreak

Casual Explorer

• "leapfreak" is female

Currently Playing: TR Anniversary

Sunday, April 16th 2006, 12:07am

I played it on PS2 with one health pack too. It took me several tries but once you have the hang of exactly what to do and the timings of it then its not too bad

avinash

New Raider

Sunday, April 16th 2006, 3:42pm

Well, finally did it. Finished it with no health packs, medium difficulty. I used the manual aim button (Z by default) after shooting the bell and getting in the right position, to use the grapple (so, first Z then Q).

In Bolovia fighting amanda now..

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "avinash" (Apr 16th 2006, 3:44pm)

catbazza

New Raider

• "catbazza" is male

Tuesday, April 18th 2006, 8:38pm

:mad: Mad is putting it lightly, I am too much of a gentleman to use the filthy language of a previous posting of a foul mouthed yob, but I feel like it.

I have been trying for 5 days now to defeat the water monster in England level, have read & reread all the posts on this forum plus the Eidos forum but still cannot even get one cage to hit it'
Shoot the gun at statue & you can see the sound waves enamating from it, but by the time I have managed to get Lara to holster her guns it wallops me.
If I do manage to grapple the lever the darned (being polite) cage misses it & I am being driven to distraction.
If I cannot defeat it bang goes the rest of the game & it will have to go into the recycle bin.
I have given many hints & tips on the forums about the Boss fights & other things but this one has got me beat.
Now it's my turn to shout "HELP"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :flare: :x :mad: :flare:
THEFLYONE

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Tuesday, April 18th 2006, 9:40pm

Then stop a moment earlier. (do you use the setting where you actually have to put her guns away- I think I remember there was one - or does she do it automatically. I usually don't buter looking if she's put them away and just throw the grapple. Once you get the timing right its easy.

If you really really need help I could play this part for you. Zip or rar your savegame (just the one before the seemonster) and attach it here.

But if you want it done soon, hurry, because I'll be going to bed soon and have a long day tomorrow. ;-)

catbazza

New Raider

• "catbazza" is male

Tuesday, April 18th 2006, 10:06pm

Quoted

Originally posted by tombraidergirl
Then stop a moment earlier. (do you use the setting where you actually have to put her guns away- I think I remember there was one - or does she do it automatically. I usually don't buter looking if she's put them away and just throw the grapple. Once you get the timing right its easy.

If you really really need help I could play this part for you. Zip or rar your savegame (just the one before the seemonster) and attach it here.

But if you want it done soon, hurry, because I'll be going to bed soon and have a long day tomorrow. ;-)

You are so kind, but for the first time ever & I have had every one of the TR series I gave in & downloaded a saved game.
Have now completed this level & hang my head in shame for being so cowardly.
Your kind offer was appreciated though.
THEFLYONE

ladyoutlaw

Archaeologist

• "ladyoutlaw" is female

TR Platforms: Wii

Currently Playing: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Wednesday, April 19th 2006, 10:51am

no need 2 hang ur head in shame!
Let's get ourselves lost:it's more interesting that way

:sun: XxLoveable Outrageous LegendaryxX :D

LostArtifact

Starting Raider

• "LostArtifact" is female

TR Platforms: Mac PlayStation PS2

Currently Playing: TR - Anniversary (collecting all artifacts)

Wednesday, April 19th 2006, 2:32pm

I did it first time round 8)

Scotia

New Raider

• "Scotia" is female

Wednesday, April 19th 2006, 5:16pm

Need the savegame please

Hi peeps, i'm stuck on hitting the monster with the cages and it's really beginning to annoy me, i can only hit it with 1 cage and i only have 1 health pack extra and i seem to be getting killed all the time, has anyone got the save game they can upload please as i dont think i'll bother finishing it as its too hard.

Please post savegame
Thanks
Scotia :mad:

Wednesday, April 19th 2006, 5:24pm

keep in mind that this monster is a really stupid KI.
Don't panic, keep running and it will get a lot easier.

LostArtifact

Starting Raider

• "LostArtifact" is female

TR Platforms: Mac PlayStation PS2

Currently Playing: TR - Anniversary (collecting all artifacts)

Wednesday, April 19th 2006, 5:29pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Dezipaitor
keep in mind that this monster is a really stupid KI.
Don't panic, keep running and it will get a lot easier.

Yep! 8) And jump around like crazy too! I did that! Keep moving! Only stop when you use your grapple thingy! Otherwise...stay light on your feet!

Scotia

New Raider

• "Scotia" is female

Wednesday, April 19th 2006, 7:51pm

someone help with savedgame i can't do it :no: and i've tried n tried
please :flare:
scotia :roll:

Scotia

New Raider

• "Scotia" is female

Thursday, April 20th 2006, 5:35pm

Finally done it phew!

Hi guy's, just after completing it after hours n hours of trying, it actually did seem easier for some reason this time, maybe i was getting to wound it and hence no completion but i'm glad i've finally got over it as i was comtemplating starting over on easy but now there's no need.

Scotia :applaud:

• "PippinTheJediKnight" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PSP

Currently Playing: LOTR Online

Thursday, April 20th 2006, 6:34pm

Just curious. I am past this part but I was just wondering, can you defeat the monster shooting it with guns or do u have to kill it using the bells and cages?

dotcom

Casual Explorer

• "dotcom" is male

Thursday, April 20th 2006, 6:55pm

bells and cages