You are not logged in.

Venice Venice

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kurtis99

Explorer

• "Kurtis99" is male
  • "Kurtis99" started this thread

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: Tibia

Tuesday, April 20th 2004, 9:15pm

Venice

I'm at the end of Venice, and I'm trying to get through the timed door with the clock above it. But I can't get up the wooden ramp. It's driving me ---> :ouch: Any tips?
Smart people learn from their mistakes.
Smarter people learn from others' mistakes.

My site

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Tuesday, April 20th 2004, 9:28pm

I think you could speed up the boat by pressing action.
But I've got another tip for you. Leave the room where you have pressed the button which opens the gate at the end by diving through under the door. The countdown will not be started then and you have all the time you need.

ascho

Explorer

• "ascho" is female

TR Platforms: PC

Wednesday, April 21st 2004, 10:05am

cool i didn't know you could do that :-o i tried the ramp all the time :stupid: totally dum i am ;) but i thought it would start the time clock maybe i should play the level again for fun :P
LARA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0)
LARA: You might try to kill me
Powell: I'm not going to kill you
LARA: I said you try

Sherry

Average Raider

Wednesday, April 21st 2004, 6:42pm

you know i go by the ramp but what i do is i line my boat up in front of the small ramp, in front of the big ramp

you can see what i mean by this. (sorry TRG for using your pic :-? hope you dont mind seeing as it is on YOUR forum :wink: )
then i pull the switch jump back hop in the boat zoom through the window. up the ramp(while i have the action button held down. NEVER LET GO!!)
and go through the short way and i've made it!
It's not the men that have the hard lives, it's the women who look after the artifacts!

ascho

Explorer

• "ascho" is female

Wednesday, April 21st 2004, 8:21pm

cool :-D
LARA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0)
LARA: You might try to kill me
Powell: I'm not going to kill you
LARA: I said you try

Kurtis99

Explorer

• "Kurtis99" is male

Thursday, April 22nd 2004, 10:21pm

I'll try both.

My site

Sherry

Average Raider

Friday, April 23rd 2004, 9:26pm

yeah you do that! :wink:
It's not the men that have the hard lives, it's the women who look after the artifacts!

Kurtis99

Explorer

• "Kurtis99" is male

Sunday, April 25th 2004, 5:22pm

I tried Sherry's method and it worked brilliantly!!! I even discovered a trick. By holding down ctrl, if you don't crash, you can make it through the door without opening the water gates. So I skipped that part of Venice!

My site

Sherry

Average Raider

Sunday, April 25th 2004, 6:38pm

Quoted

Original von Kurtis99

I tried Sherry's method and it worked brilliantly!!!

i knew it would......anytime :wink:

Fuzzysponge

New Raider

• "Fuzzysponge" is female

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider 3

Saturday, January 10th 2009, 7:47pm

Venice

I am in the beginning of Venice, I am supposed to sail the moterboat through the door(not the boathouse door but the other one), but it is closed and will not open. I did go into the little niche and pull the lever before getting into the boat at all (the clip shows the door that opens and then closes again - and the lever is back up) - So how do I get through that door? ?(

klaas46

Adventurer

• "klaas46" is male

Sunday, January 11th 2009, 6:36pm

RE: Cannot sail through the door?

I am in the beginning of Venice, I am supposed to sail the moterboat through the door(not the boathouse door but the other one), but it is closed and will not open. I did go into the little niche and pull the lever before getting into the boat at all (the clip shows the door that opens and then closes again - and the lever is back up) - So how do I get through that door? ?(
Well, as far as I remember the boat trip is not at the beginning of this part of the game. There are still other problems to solve before you can use the boat, I think.

Klaas

Fuzzysponge

New Raider

Sunday, January 11th 2009, 10:44pm

I have killed the dogs the killer at the balcony-, killed the bad guy with the club and his dog, been inside the house picking up key from the balcony guy, used a key on the other side of the bridge. Jumped over the 3 baldakins to the place with the lever for the door you are supposed to sail through. Used the key in the boathouse - killed the last bad guy and now I cannot get the boat through the last door ... :shoot:

I don´t thing I missed anything. And another thing - I cannot get Lara out of the boat either - have tried all keys I could think of, but nothing works - any suggestions? :think:

Fuzzysponge

New Raider

Sunday, January 11th 2009, 10:53pm

Oh - and another thing - how are you supposed to actually get your hands on that jade Dragon (the second secret - so you can get the grenade Launcher)? Is there another way to get that Grenade Launcher? I get killed if I even think about trying to get that Jade Dragon .... :kill

klaas46

Adventurer

• "klaas46" is male

Monday, January 12th 2009, 9:46am

And another thing - I cannot get Lara out of the boat
Try the "jump-key" togehter with a direction key "left" or "right". So you can jump off from boats or quads and so on.

Klaas

Fuzzysponge

New Raider

Tuesday, January 13th 2009, 10:09pm

Ok, I finally found out why it didn´t work - I seems like some times the levers simply just goes back into their original position, even if you only use them once, so I will just have to watch out for that in the rest of the game I guess - and after getting that lever right, she can get in and out of the boat again. :sun:

klaas46

Adventurer

• "klaas46" is male

Tuesday, January 13th 2009, 11:46pm

Ok, I finally found out why it didn´t work - I seems like some times the levers simply just goes back into their original position, even if you only use them once, so I will just have to watch out for that in the rest of the game I guess - and after getting that lever right, she can get in and out of the boat again. :sun:
Nice to hear that you managed it

Klaas

Fuzzysponge

New Raider

Thursday, January 15th 2009, 4:50pm

Yes indeed!!!!! It sucks big time to be stuck in a game for too long, it is ok that it is hard, as long that it is something you can do something about.