You are not logged in.

Lady Punk

Adventurer

• "Lady Punk" is female

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: TRA

Monday, May 25th 2009, 1:39pm

The only thing I know for (quite) sure, is that the storyline of the third film is going to play before the games with a younger Lara than we know.
(Maybe a bit like in TR3 or in Irland? We will see)
Well, actually it's just what they're saying in the German thread about this ;-)

AmandasGirl

Starting Raider

• "AmandasGirl" is female

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Underworld

Monday, May 25th 2009, 4:31pm

Wow! Really?

so i guess the german's are getting mmore information than us huh?-lol....
but i really do think that they ARE makeing another movie for some odd reason, i've seen so much stuff-heard so much stuff that i think im startign to belive it. but i honestly tink there going to make another one if i've seen the movie page with no info. on it what so ever besides that a person named Dan is the director and Angie is going to be Lara. But i donno-the only way we'd know for sure is to see the preview or the movie with our own eyes! :morning

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

TR Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, PC

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Monday, May 25th 2009, 4:54pm

The only thing I know for (quite) sure, is that the storyline of the third film is going to play before the games with a younger Lara than we know.
(Maybe a bit like in TR3 or in Irland? We will see)
Well, actually it's just what they're saying in the German thread about this ;-)
Are you sure that's not just speculation? I don't recall any official articles saying anything about what the movie will include. But for the record, Angelina will not be playing Lara. That's been confirmed. I hear Megan Fox was trying to get the role. I like her, but I can't see her as Lara Croft material. Rhona Mitra, please, :D !
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

AmandasGirl

Starting Raider

• "AmandasGirl" is female

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 12:09am

Um,

i think (im sure) that they allready concluded a while ago that Megan Fox isn't going to be lara ans switched it back to angie. :thumbs:

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

TR Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, PC

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Wednesday, May 27th 2009, 11:41pm

I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. Angelina stated herself she does not want to be a part of the new movie. However, an article on Yahoo! News popped up a few minutes ago regarding the third movie and it said it's in production. Come to find out, it's taking us to Lara's past.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/playb…back-46/1317152

They covered the rumours of Angelina's return (despite what the actress herself said) by saying she was "thinking about it". Also, there's already several other threads regarding this topic that I just found over in the appropriate section:

New TR3 film???
TOMB RAIDER 3 MOVIE... NO? YES?
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Sunday, May 31st 2009, 10:57am

All moved and merged. ;-)

BethRaider16

Casual Explorer

• "BethRaider16" is female

TR Platforms: PS1, PS2 & PS3

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation

Sunday, May 31st 2009, 7:10pm

I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. Angelina stated herself she does not want to be a part of the new movie. However, an article on Yahoo! News popped up a few minutes ago regarding the third movie and it said it's in production. Come to find out, it's taking us to Lara's past.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/playb…back-46/1317152

They covered the rumours of Angelina's return (despite what the actress herself said) by saying she was "thinking about it". Also, there's already several other threads regarding this topic that I just found over in the appropriate section:

New TR3 film???
TOMB RAIDER 3 MOVIE... NO? YES?

She'll probably won't do it. I heard she's quit work for a while to spend time with her children.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Monday, June 7th 2010, 5:45pm

One might think that there is nothing to report from the Tomb Raider universe, which is unlikely with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light on our doorstep. Once again the topic of a third movie has been brought up with a new name for a possible Lara Croft actress, this time the 29 year old Kimberly Kardashian. If you are not fed up with "reboots" and "movies being in 3D now", you may still hope for a third movie in the near future.

showbizspy.com

Is there anyone who still believes what is said about a third movie?

I personally don't think it will come anytime soon and I especially don't trust the announcements of which actress is to play Lara Croft...

TRMania

New Raider

• "TRMania" is female

TR Platforms: Sony Playstation 1, Sony Playstation 2 & XBOX 360

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider III-IX, Tomb Raider: A Survivor Is Born [2013]

Friday, June 25th 2010, 5:41am

Quoted

Once again the topic of a third movie has been brought up with a new name for a possible Lara Croft actress, this time the 29 year old Kimberly Kardashian. If you are not fed up with "reboots" and "movies being in 3D now", you may still hope for a third movie in the near future.

showbizspy.com

If that is the case, I'll complain because Lara has been reinvented too many times and now there are actually clones (Compare all character history from games, movies, comics, books, etc.) now. Lara is a lady of elegance not a bimbo; so I can only hope that Crystal Dynamics steps in [legally] and creates strict guidelines if the movie is infact created but be that as it may, this hardcore enthusiast will be livid. I absolutely detest the movies and I wish they were all created to appear in CGI like Final Fantasy: Advent Children and stay true to the story originality.

:hang
"Well, you have my total attention now; I'm not quite sure I've got your's though. Hello?!" -Lara Croft :crouch

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Friday, June 25th 2010, 10:59am

You will not be the only one to complain. I think that all movie related news are getting worse and worse. I was not a fan of Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft, but - as bad as the scripts were - she at least did her job as best she could. It's not her fault, she's not British. But again going for a non British person who is not even a real actress... ridiculous. I just hope the rumour is fake.

RedHell

Fridge Raider

• "RedHell" is female

TR Platforms: PC, GBC, Xbox 360

Friday, June 25th 2010, 2:13pm

Kim Kardashian... :O

I really don't see any need for recruiting a reality TV star. It wouldn't benefit the image of the movie imo... not at all. So unless there's more proof, I doubt the rumours are true - for my own sanity [hehe]
"It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept."

XxTRFan1xX

New Raider

• "XxTRFan1xX" is male

TR Platforms: PS3

Monday, February 7th 2011, 6:16pm

YES , there will (hopefully) be a TR3 :)
:aodlong ' Tomb Raider ' A Survivour Is Born ' :lara:

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

• "Wile E. Coyote" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PS3, PSP

Currently Playing: Uncharted, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Tuesday, March 8th 2011, 7:56am

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vi…roft-get-165065

It seems like they are doing a reboot of the movies as well. They are looking for a younger and more. dynamic Lara, whatever that means. 2013 it is planned to be complete.
--
Signature is futile.

Sianbbz

Adventurer

• "Sianbbz" is female

TR Platforms: PS3

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 3:55pm

I read in some articles, that possibly Jessica Alba could be the new lara croft? :think:

kfnxubai<3

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 4:08pm

I think Jessica Alba is also not young enough to portrait a 21-year old Lara.

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 6:22pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vi…roft-get-165065

It seems like they are doing a reboot of the movies as well. They are looking for a younger and more. dynamic Lara, whatever that means. 2013 it is planned to be complete.

Hmm... Interesting. :chin I hope that'll turn out to be a cool and entertaining movie. 8)

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

• "Wile E. Coyote" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PS3, PSP

Currently Playing: Uncharted, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Saturday, March 12th 2016, 9:45am

1,829 days since the last post and the rumours are flying again: https://deadline.com/2016/03/daisy-ridle…ens-1201717660/ I stand by what I said before: I'll only believe they are doing another movie when I'm sitting in the theatre and the credits are rolling! :D
--
Signature is futile.

Beatriz50

New Raider

TR Platforms: xbox

Friday, April 1st 2016, 9:23am

prepare the money to see the movie