tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female
  • "tombraidergirl" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 3:48pm

PC related issues

Here you can ask, if you have trouble running Tomb Raider: Anniversary.

beerfridgeraider

Starting Raider

• "beerfridgeraider" is male

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: TRU

Tuesday, June 12th 2007, 8:30pm

pc controls

i just thought i'd post some discoveries on the pc controls (facts may vary with region/version etc.)

contrary to the manual, jump + direction does NOT perform an adrenaline dodge when locked on during a rage attack. only crouch + direction (thats the left shift key by default).

however, this is an unfortunate choice of keys because if your keyboard is normal, your left small finger wont really be over the shift key at this time (in the heat of combat) unless your hand is different to mine.

i found during big fights, it was better to manually re-assign the keys in the settings (eg the t-rex).

i am experimenting with using the C key for jump and spacebar for crouch. this makes normal jumps trickier but combat easier. when you're jumped by three hairy gorillas you'll know what i mean when i say it makes it easier for combat. however the choice of C for jump makes jumping right hard. im not 100% happy with this and might try another combo, eg alt for crouch.

or, there might be a patch for this by now...

hope this helps.
/BFR

beerfridgeraider

Starting Raider

Tuesday, June 12th 2007, 10:52pm

bugs

i managed to fall through the floor in the Tomb of Tihocan. at the tomb itself, in front, far right corner by jumping right off the steps.

not sure if its PC specific, but it was annoying.
/BFR

• "Raids the Tombs" is male

Currently Playing: Anniversary

Saturday, June 16th 2007, 8:27pm

Well i'm not really having trouble RUNNING the game, but in some spots the game gets REALLY laggy, like for example near the beginning of the Great Pyramid level, with all the lava and the demons. This also happened in Legend alot. Do I need a new video card?

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Saturday, June 16th 2007, 8:48pm

Most likely. I had the same and I don't have the newst card.

I could say more if you told me what you have. But probably something like a Radeon X1950 or gforce 7900-8800 would be perfect.

Xena

New Raider

• "Xena" is female

Monday, July 2nd 2007, 6:07am

frozen game

Is anyone else having difficulty with the game crashing on them? I have not been able do hardly anything and I have a good graphic card. Are there any patches out yet for the game? :shout Thank you.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Monday, July 2nd 2007, 11:26am

My game has not crashed yet. Very stable.

Lara Raider

Explorer

• "Lara Raider" is female

Currently Playing: COD4

Monday, July 2nd 2007, 11:41am

Sometimes the game freezes (PC)

Sometimes TRA freezes while i'm fighting(because then the game is under big tension) and even the sound stammers and then I have to close the game. This happened when i was fighting the Centaurs and when i was fighting two flying demons at the Sanctuary Of The Scion. Maybe the game had freezed somewhere else i can't remember now.
one of many tomb raider fans - lara raider

beerfridgeraider

Starting Raider

Monday, July 2nd 2007, 7:57pm

RE: frozen game

hello xena,

my pc version is unpatched and ok. afaik, there are no patches as yet.

have you checked that your directx and graphic card drivers are all up to date. if not, this is one of the worse culprits for failures.

otherwise, maybe your machine is gunked up with background processes hogging all the memory. if your taskbar is full of little icons, try right clicking on as many as possible and selecting "exit" from the menus. they will all come back next time you start up, but if you manage to remove several, try running the game after and maybe it will help.

also, how fast is your machine and what graphics card do you have. i would expect this game to require a graphics card not much older than a year or so to run well.

good luck,
/BFR

Xena

New Raider

• "Xena" is female

Monday, July 2nd 2007, 11:27pm

Thanks for all the information. My hubby says that a different motherboard and chip is the answer. Nothing to expensive :-).

AngelicCandy

New Raider

Friday, July 13th 2007, 6:00pm

Help!!!

Hi! I already posted under Tomb of Qualopec, but this might help since I'm a PC user. For some reason when I'm fighting the centaurs one of them ALWAYS freezes and can't move. Yet when I shoot it it can still turn Lara to stone, but it freezes again. And I can't grapple that damn shield. I think it's a bug. I haven't had any other problems with the game. I checked to see if there's a savegame for beating the centaurs but I couldn't find it. Is there one? Or is there a way to get rid of this bug?

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Friday, July 13th 2007, 6:38pm

That is not the Tomb of Qualopec, it is the tomb of Tihocan!

You can find savegames here:

http://tombraidergirl.net/saves/tra/medium/TombofTihocan.rar (same level)
http://tombraidergirl.net/saves/tra/medi…leofKhamoon.rar (next level)

A for other solutions please look at the TOMB OF TIHOCAN Thread, I will answer your problem there.

AngelicCandy

New Raider

Friday, July 13th 2007, 9:27pm

A small problem

Hi, thanks for giving me the links! I guess I forgot it was Tihocan...sometimes the titles come up so fast I just forget what level is what. Thanks for correcting me. I tried to download the savegames, but I think the file format isn't working. For some reason I can't open them. Is there another way or possibly another format? Perhaps I'm doing it wrong, but I tried saving it under my Tomb Raider game folder where the other of my saved levels are and it didn't work. Please help!!

AngelicCandy

New Raider

Friday, July 13th 2007, 11:03pm

Nevermind!

Nevermind! I didn't need the savegame after all. I got through it and the centaurs didn't freeze this time. My problem was that I wasn't waiting until the red target appeared during adrenaline dodge. Thanks!

Rita

New Raider

• "Rita" is female

Currently Playing: Legend

Sunday, July 15th 2007, 2:40pm

Hello everyone :)
I'm having two problems that I think are bugs. First of all, when I do croft manor on time trial, I start with the guns but she acts as if she doesn't have them. She won't shoot at anything, even with manual aim. She sees them only after going to the library and "collecting" them. Is it bug? Why would you start with the guns if she can't use them? To be precise - She can shoot, but she doesn't see the targets. Even with manual aim. Acts as if there's nothing to shoot. :roll: I haven't finished the game yet and I switched the costume to Legend.
My second problem during the game play. I collect artifacts and relics but it keep showing that I didn't collect them. I don't die. I check status before taking it - Showing X/Y artifacts. I collect it, check right afterwards (but not too fast, giving it time to update). Still X/Y. As if I never took it. Same with relics, although I get the costume and the relic shows up in croft manor.

Thanks in advance.
Games Played: TR I, II, III, AOD, TRA
Latest: TRA

"To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour"

starflake

New Raider

• "starflake" is female

Currently Playing: Anniversary and Underworld. For the 2nd and 3rd times respectively.

Saturday, April 18th 2009, 10:16pm

I'm guessing this is the right place to post, sorry if it isn't.

Can someone please tell me how to change fraps, because I'm trying to do a 'walk through wall' cheat and read that I need less that 40 fraps (or something) and I have no idea where to change that or how to go about it. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful!

Thank you! :)

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

• "Wile E. Coyote" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PS3, PSP

Currently Playing: Uncharted, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Sunday, April 19th 2009, 11:42am

You don't mean fraps (a programme to "record" your screen during games) but fps (like in "frames per second"), I think? (Funnily enough, one of the methods I can think of to get a lower frame rate is by using fraps. ;-)) The most easy methode, if you have an older PC, to reduce frame rate is by turning on all the effects in the game. Of course, if you have a fast enough PC that won't help.
--
Signature is futile.